New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think the chances are if we all wrote to our reps in Washington that we may be able to get some action on this bill or prior reciprocity bills in congress? With all that is going on with threats to us from Islamist extremists the recent beheading in OK., we are going to have to defend ourselves and possible be the first line of defense. Face it the cops and the armed forces are going to be way to busy if an attack or terrorist act is pulled off. We as the law abiding citizen can make a good case for this.

If the law were to be passed that would make it legal for any CCW permit holder to carry anywhere legally. I don't know if the bill in New Jersey will even go up for a vote now since the case against the women from Philadelphia is going to go through the pre-trial intervention, but still loose her gun. How is that right? Maybe it will go to a vote. If it passes it will make the bill in D.C. easier to pass since it will show that N.J had the will of the people behind it.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Very few in Washington care about what their constituents want. Uts DOA.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If they were smart they would wait until after Jan. If the Senate majority changes it may have a shot at passing. Passing with a filibuster proof majority or ability to over ride a veto?????

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
You guys are a riot. Have you noticed who is living in the White House?
And the guy who ran against him and lost signed an AWB.
You have to be kidding.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This bill, or the new copy to be introduced in the next session, has support and a lack there of in strange places. Many antis are in favor as it establishes minimum levels of training and mandates a permit system. May pro gun states are against it. It actually has the middle ground enough that it might pass. We will see what changes the election brings. The one thing I cannot stress enough is how important this election is to our gun rights. You and everyone you know MUST vote.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You guys are a riot. Have you noticed who is living in the White House?
And the guy who ran against him and lost signed an AWB.
You have to be kidding.
Slip it in between some papers authorizing bombing a bunch of brown children and we might be able to sneak it past him...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I am 100% against any law, particularly an Amendment to the US Constitution, that recognizes the legitimacy of any permitting or licensing scheme. Firearms owner should beware any scheme that allows the Feds to recognize state weapon licensing or permits.

Here is our license to Possess AND Carry, and if they don't like it, they can try and revoke it:

Which is backed up by:

And by:

Constitutional Carry is the law of the land.

Nothing else is acceptable, and nothing else is legal under our laws.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Take over the Senate and get someone like Perry elected and maybe, just maybe, there is a chance. Absent that, spend your time and money elsewhere.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was visiting NJ from TN this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to leave my guns home. I felt helpless to defend myself if ISIS or other madmen attacked.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was visiting NJ from TN this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to leave my guns home. I felt helpless to defend myself if ISIS or other madmen attacked.
That's because you were. Unfortunately, we have become a nation that went from "Stand up and fight" to duck and cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts