New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a russiam sks a while ago and was wondering where the import marks would be if there were any. it has the star on the side of the reciever behind the serial number so I am assuming 1956?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
I think the ones with the single star with no arrow marked on the side of the receiver where the last run for the SKS. I just got one a few months ago. If the is a square on the top of the cover with a line in it,(or anywhere else) looks like a diamond, it was refurbished. These are pretty rare. Here is a site that has a lot of info: Yooper John

Import marking; look on the barrel near the bayonet. Sometimes they are hard to see

· Registered
1,111 Posts
KBI, Inc, HBA, PA: KBI, Inc company (Now know as Charles Daly) , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
KBI was a huge importer of firearms. They recently changes their corporate name to Charles Daly, tho, the KBI logo is still used on some military type imports.
You might have to call them to find the import date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.