New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this true are we finally out of the 22 embargo?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found some at dicks, and kellys recently looking like an upward trend... but mabye im just getting my hopes up

·
Registered
195 Posts
where ya gettin it?
Don't hate me but Dick's. They had some Federal Auto Match 325 ct all week. It was in their weekly ad and they had enough to last from Sunday until today. Also managed to buy a couple thousand rounds of Federal FMJ 9mm for $22.49 per 100.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Need powder to start making a comeback!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm pretty surprised the CCI standard velocity .22 ammo is still in stock after 3 full days on the Gander Mountain website. Usually .22 ammo(hell any .22 ammo, subsonic HP, whatever) is gone within minutes and this routine has been going on in the 6 months I've been keeping track. Maybe it is a good sign and hopefully the hoarders will be f#cked with a ton of ammo and no one to gouge :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
We are seeing a bit more .22 locally. I'm not surprised that Gander still has SV. I see in their flyer they are charging $5 a box of 50. Last I bought before the big panic was $2.89 a box and I thought that was a bit high.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was about to give up and go .22 tcm. I still might.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did they have limits at dicks for 22lr? As much as I hate dicks, some ammo is better than no ammo
Yes, only one brick per day so I stopped in every day as did my wife. I think they still have 40 round boxes of American Eagle .22 for $2.49 with maybe a 3 or 5 box limit.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Locally, it does not seem any better today than a few months ago. The chain stores have been receiving a shipment every 1 to 2 weeks and it is sold out in a day or two. It has been pretty regular since last Christmas.

As long as there is a limit on how many boxes you can purchase due to inventory levels, I would consider it to be a shortage.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Tomorrow is a ammo run day into the city ( it's 60 miles one way ) so I'm gonna be checking every place I know of for 22 lr ammo . I will let you know the results after we get back .

·
Registered
122 Posts
I definitely see it getting better all the time.. I am getting it pretty easily.. The last few weeks Dicks has had .22 advertised in weekly ads which a good sign.. I know people been saying getting it at Gander and they been having it on their site weekly.. I honestly see it much better than it was just a couple months ago and it's only going to keep getting better.. Hell I just got over 1k rounds last Sunday without doing much but going right down the street to store to get it lol. No it's not back to normal where can walk into any store and get it anytime sadly but it's coming in regulary which good sign..

Also besides for .22lr, there has been like NO .22WMR in my area for over a year now and I am starting to see that again.. I just got 3 more boxes of CCI last week..

·
Registered
119 Posts
While school clothes shopping in Erie PA I stopped at gander and was amazed at how much .22 they had in stock, bought 2 bricks of Remington for 24.99 each.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts