New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one of these? Im interested in getting on for deer hunting. From what I have heard they are pretty accurate and can accept pretty much any ammunition.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a super blackhawk and I can tell you that a 240 grain xtp works great on deer.I got my first handgun deer with one last year,one shot through the chest at 45 yards.cant ask for anymore than that.as an added bonus I shoot a nice trail boss load in the off season that hits about the same point of impact with about 1/3 the recoil.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good news. The gun store is trying to locate one for me still. Im going to put a leupold 2.5x8 scope on it.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
One of my hunting buddies uses one and has had good success with deer. It's a cool gun.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I own a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull (also shoots 45 Colt). Excellent hunting revolver. Very well built. The rugged frame can handle the most potent ammo with ease. Recoil isn't terrible, but you have to learn to just accept the recoil after every shot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats good news. The gun store is trying to locate one for me still. Im going to put a leupold 2.5x8 scope on it.
ever shoot a revolver with a scope? try it if you haven't already, i had put one on a44mag super blackhawk and didn't like the feel of the hold to get on target and went back to iron sites with iron sites i can keep i 2 litre bottle dancing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts