New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Finally decided that I will purchase a Ruger SR9C for my carry gun. Went online looking at prices and a few of the dealers are saying that they are not legal in New York?
Is it because it comes with a 17 round clip, or is it another issue I do not know about?

If it is the clip issue, does anyone know if it can be purcahsed with two smaller clip?

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I'm in Erie county, I carry the SR9c everywhere that I go. Bought it in NY, own it here and carry it everywhere. There are a few different models, you need to make sure you get the NY state compliant gun. Love it. Everyone sells them, Gander, Bass pro and most other gun stores. Best price on line is Budsguns.com. free shipping and cheap.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hello All
Finally decided that I will purchase a Ruger SR9C for my carry gun. Went online looking at prices and a few of the dealers are saying that they are not legal in New York?
Is it because it comes with a 17 round clip, or is it another issue I do not know about?

If it is the clip issue, does anyone know if it can be purcahsed with two smaller clip?
Yep just need to find a dealer selling it with they NYS compliant 10 round mags. Definitely available and out there.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Go see Jim at Master Arms llc
160 Orange Turnpike
Sloatsburg
New York
845-753-5303

I plug him on here all the time. I have not been to his shop in a while but I know he's had them in stock before, and he can get you anything your looking for.

·
Registered
131 Posts
pretty sure there is one for sale on here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i purchased the sr9c from thruway in walden. they are legal in new york and come with 2 ten round magazines. the ones you see online that they say are illegal come with a 17rd magazine and a 10rd magazine.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Besides the one for sale on here, there will be another going up in the near future.. It may or may not have 4 mags total, night sights, and holsters included... just so you know all the available options :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought mine at Gander Mountain in Syracuse with a 10 round. Love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts