New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been waiting a year to get the Ruger SR1911. I was on several hot lists to be notified when one comes in. I was just about to give up and purchase the Remington R1 Enhanced when two weeks ago I noticed an email had arrived from Bud's Gun Shop. They said one of my hot list items was in stock. I when online to take a look, and to my surprise, the Ruger SR1911 is in stock.
Sooo......after a year of waiting I put money down to put the Ruger SR1911 on layaway at Bud's. I should have it in my possession sometime in September! Yes!!!!!!

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Congrats! I love mine. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

· Registered
2,874 Posts
Congrats!

Been waiting on mine from an LGS for about 10 months :(

I really need to find an FFL around here so I can just buy one online.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Yes somewhat. There is some side to side play in the grip safety if you grab it towards the bottom.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts

· Registered
2,442 Posts
I could pull the trigger without my hand on the grip safety basically. Some people on the 1911 forum told me this is normal and nothing to worry about until I posted a video.
Whoa! How could anyone think this is a non-issue? Glad you got it worked out. Did you ever find out what the cause was?

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Whoa! How could anyone think this is a non-issue? Glad you got it worked out. Did you ever find out what the cause was?
Well read the above link. They thought it was "just a rattle" until I posted a video. Now 1911's are known for the grip safety to rattle but other Ruger owners are having similar issues as me.

JAmes

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Well read the above link. They thought it was "just a rattle" until I posted a video. Now 1911's are known for the grip safety to rattle but other Ruger owners are having similar issues as me.
I did read your link, my mistake. I misunderstood what you were saying. Your phrasing/wording suggested the other forum told you being able to pull the trigger without your hand on the grip safety was normal.

As a follow-up. After watching your video I tested my SR1911 again. My grip safety has some side to side movement. But following your motions in the video, there is no movement/rattle whatsoever. Glad I'm not among the "other Ruger owners" you referenced.

Again, did you ever find out what was the cause to the problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.