New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering picking up a Ruger SR-22RSC. It comes with no sights, so I'll be in the market for optics. Just wondered what those with more experience would suggest? I plan on shooting between 50 and 100 yards, nothing fancy, just putting holes in paper. I don't want to pay more for the optics than the gun.

What say you?

TIA.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forty one views and not one opinion?

:err:

· Registered
4,629 Posts
Easy there MIND your manners, I'm a big Ruger Fan have 3 10/22's 1 77/22 2 Mini 14's 6.8SPC 223 Target , Plus a few Hand Guns! Rugers are well made Firearms some may need alittle tweeking but to me thats some of the FUN!!! As far as optic that all depends on what kind of shooting you are going to do ?

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easy there MIND your manners
Mind my manners? I don't think I was being rude at all.

I'm a big Ruger Fan have 3 10/22's 1 77/22 2 Mini 14's 6.8SPC 223 Target , Plus a few Hand Guns! Rugers are well made Firearms some may need alittle tweeking but to me thats some of the FUN!!!
I'm also a big fan of Ruger. My first handgun (purchased in 1984) was a Security-Six, which I still own. I'm also the proud owner of an SR1911. Sold off my Mini-14 a couple of years ago.

As far as optic that all depends on what kind of shooting you are going to do ?
Did you read my original post (now I'm being rude)? As previously stated, I plan on shooting between 50 and 100 yards, nothing fancy, just putting holes in paper. I don't want to pay more for the optics than the gun.

Thank you for responding.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I picked one up..fitting a bushnell banner (dusk & dawn) 3-9 x 40mm on it. I plink towards sunset a lot so the red or green illuminated cross hair reticle is a nice feature. Check it out. Nothing tooo fancy but decent optics. More then most feel is needed on a 22, but IMHO it is a good fit. Oh...you will need the slightly raised style mount to fit this optic on the sr22.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
My .22 has a fixed power 4x Bushnell that I paid something like $50 for at Gander Mountain. It works great, has held its zero for over a year now. Don't really need anything expensive for that kind of use.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up the Ruger this past Saturday, along with a NcSTAR 3-9x42 Mil Dot (has a quick release). Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Hope to get to Blue Mountain tomorrow morning.

Thanks for responding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.