New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't going to post this here, because of the distance to our club. However, it seems there's interest in Ruger Rimfire matches, and I've had emails from people further away than I expected. Guess there aren't enough clubs running these matches.

We've started to host Ruger Rimfire matches at Lewistown Pistol Club this year. Our format is simple, there are 5 steel targets per stage. One is designated the stop plate and must be shot last. The other four can be shot in any order. You shoot each stage 5 times, and we count your best 4 runs for score. Each match consists of 6 stages (3 rifle, 3 pistol) so the minimum round count for the match is 150. Like IDPA, I suggest bringing extra for those pesky make up shots.

Matches are held on the first Sunday of each month, until around October. (If the weather cooperates, we may run later into the year) Match registration starts at 9AM at our clubhouse and the match begins at 10AM. The Ruger Rimfire page on our website lists the class information. A full rulebook is available on Ruger's website. There are a couple pictures on the club's Facebook page from previous matches.

If you have them, please bring 5 magazines for each magazine fed gun. If you don't have 5, don't worry we'll find someone who will happily reload magazines for you while you're shooting. You will need at least 2 magazines, however. Revolver folks, speed loaders are nice to keep things moving, especially if you need to reload "on the clock".

These matches are fun for experienced competitors and first time competitors alike. They're a great way to introduce someone to competition or for a family to compete together.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a note, I'm generally the match director for these matches. However, due to other commitments I won't be available for the August match. I have made arrangements for others to fill in for me so the match will go on. Generally, I have scores done and posted the same night as the match. That won't be possible for the August match, but I will hopefully have them posted by Monday or Tuesday night.

Also, I realize depending on where you are in NY, it can be quite the drive to our club. For those wiling to make the drive and looking to make a weekend of it, there are several campgrounds and hotels in the immediate area. There are also plenty of outdoors type things to do in our region. We're right along the Juniata River, so fishing, boating, kayaking etc is easy. Raystown lake is only about an hour away. There are multiple state parks and forests and miles of hiking trails in the area. State College, Altoona and Harrisburg are all within roughly an hour drive, as well, if you're interested in city type things to do.

If you're intersted in attending these or any other matches at our club, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts