New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you do with Ruger MarkII to Improve the trigger pull on the pistol? is there a kit? if so Is there one that is better than another? Is it something someone with some knowledge can do or is it something a gunsmith needs to do?
Thank for any help on this..
This is a gun I would like to get good with and sometime get into a league or competition with it.
I am having some custom made grips made for it. It is a fun and accurate and cheep gun to shoot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have been debating the whole Volquartsen aftermarket dive myself. The trigger drop in kit though seems like a good option if you're having issues with the pull. Just not sure if it's worth the ~$100 I would have to invest.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been debating the whole Volquartsen aftermarket dive myself. The trigger drop in kit though seems like a good option if you're having issues with the pull. Just not sure if it's worth the ~$100 I would have to invest.
Why don't you give it a try and let me know if it is worth the $100.00????
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I had a spare C note hanging around, I just might hehe. Suppose I will scrape together a few dollars over the summer when I am not buying fuel oil or wood to heat my house up here in the Adirondacks. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I had a spare C note hanging around, I just might hehe. Suppose I will scrape together a few dollars over the summer when I am not buying fuel oil or wood to heat my house up here in the Adirondacks. :)
I understand. I can wait.. I am going to stock up on 9mm ammo. From the prices I was quoted they would sell me 1000 rounds for $216.00 I may pick up 5,000 rounds for $1,080.00 if I get my Federal check deposited soon enough. After the gun show and I saw the prices they were charging this is a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I've used the Volquartsen trigger on my MKII for 10 years or more. Easy to install, crisp and more adjustment than you'll need. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thx Av8r.... Huangxin, that is Cheap for ammunition! I'd make sure it isn't the type that doesn't shoot when you pull the trigger. I read on here somewhere that someone ran into that issue with some foreign crap.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was Federal ammo the last time. It shot OK. I will call today.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the ammo. I went today and it is American Eagle, made in the USA by Federal Cartridge Co. in Anoka, Mn USA.
It is 125 grain full metal jacket. 9mm Luger. I ended up getting thirty 50 round boxes at $1.50 a box. I thought it was a $10.00 a box but after the outragious prices at the gun show it was a steel.
I did pick up some self defense rounds. I ended up with Horniday Critical Defense 115 gr FTX. A couple of the people that worked there recommended it. They will not mushroom on the clothing and plug the hole. It is meant to penetrate further before expanding. They are hollow points like the Federal self defense rounds but the inside of the round is filled with a wax material so they do not get filled with gunk. I hope to never use them, but they came highly recommended. They were not that expensive. It was $19.95 for a box of 25. For the 38 Special it was $30.00 for a box of 20. I am shooting tomorrow afternoon. Before I was shooting 94 gr jacketed rounds. I am going to shoot these new round. It will be interesting to see if there is much more of a snap shooting the 125gr. vs the 94 gr. I will be shooting my new Glock 17 so it is not like shooting a small handgun like the Glock 26.
I am interested to see how these group compared to the FN Herstal with the shorter barrel where the Glock has a full 4 inch barrel so it should group better at 10 yards depending how I am shooting. The last time I got last and was rushed so I should be calmer and shoot better, I hope. I want to shoot from my sand bags so I know what the gun can do and take me out of the picture as much as possible.
On the 10th of April I will go through the orientation at GCL and then go through the orientation for the indoor range and pay the extra fee then I can shoot a lot indoors with all my toys, Ruger Mark II Ruger 10/22 and the 2 different 9 mm full size pistols.
I am as excited as a kid in a candy store. Being home all the time I will be able to shoot as often as I want and really enjoy it. Life is good. Once I get my Federal Tax return I may buy a new pistol. I am not sure yet but I will start to read and start the hunting process. I am going to get the trigger upgrade for the Ruger Mark II as was discussed before for the C note to make that a good shooter.
Good night all
On a side note I was amazed at the price for .380. They had boxes of I think it was 200 rounds for $148.00 and you were limited to one box. I had a .380 a long time ago and sold it. I am glad I did. I could never afford to shoot it. 9mm is a better round and a lot cheaper. I was amazed at the price.
Bob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How east is it to do the installation. Is it as job that can be done by someone that is competent with using tools and following directions with the correct tools?
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think the kit is too hard to install yourself if you are familiar with the internals of the pistol. There is a video on Volquartsen's website showing how to install this kit, and it only requires a punch to drive out a few retaining pins. Volquartsen will also install the kit for $45 if you send them your frame.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found a local gun shop that has the kits, He sells them for $80.00. He said if you have some basic tools that you should be able to do it on the kitchen table. I may pick one up. With tax it is $86.40. When I get the custom grips I will want the kit to put in and then I can sight it in. It would be a waste to do anything to the gun until I have all the parts, That is when I will shoot it and try to optimize it..First I need to be optimized!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found a local gun shop that has the kits, He sells them for $80.00. He said if you have some basic tools that you should be able to do it on the kitchen table. I may pick one up. With tax it is $86.40. When I get the custom grips I will want the kit to put in and then I can sight it in. It would be a waste to do anything to the gun until I have all the parts, That is when I will shoot it and try to optimize it..First I need to be optimized!!!!
Who? I may be interested (its local)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts