New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a heads up. i just left masterclass shooting range in monroe,and they just got a new ruger 1911 in. i know a lot of people are looking for 1,and this 1 isn't ordered for anyone. not my cup of tea,i'm a kimber fan,but seemed to be a decent gun for the money.

·
Registered
753 Posts
They pop up all the time down here in NC. I got to hold and play with one. I'm a Kimber fan when it comes to 1911s, but the SR1911 is pretty solid. A LOT lighter than a Kimber, I can definitely say that. Still though, it's a nice looking 1911.

·
Registered
649 Posts
if i remember it was $650,or there about.
REALLY ???

I know they sell glocks for 580$. STI spartan for 740$. Selling sr1911 for 650$ would be ...surprising. ( a good surprise.)

A rule of thumb for me is that they are about 70~120$ over the cheapest price you can find on the internet, which some times is a hard pill to swallow for me.

I would like to support a LGS. So, I would love to be proven wrong tho. I would love to be able to buy from LGS, particularly Master shooter.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i am not a 1911 fan' dont like the plat form for a self defense gun. maybe if i competed in shooting matches but thats it. i know allot of top name instructors dont like them either plus i have seen 2 different ones. a kimber and tarus 1911 not make it thru a class. BUT in saying that. if i had to get one it woud be the ruger 1911. thing is sweet all the way around and the price is real good at 650.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts