New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my LGS had one for $329+tax so I grabbed one. This is my first 10/22 and I cannot wait for this weekend coming up to shoot it. I think the price was fair and since no one around me had one and the only other places was the internet, I figured after I pay for shipping and FFL fee, this was about right. If only they made this is wood I would have probably bought two!!

James

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What,no pics? I don't believe ya then. LoL

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got mine Thursday afternoon from my FFL. You got a fair price I paid about that with shipping then had to pay the FFL fee. I did find one a little cheaper locally after mine was already on the way from AZ, but once Ruger's initial run is sold I think it will be hard to find for awhile. I see a fair number for sale at list plus shipping and of course FFL fee when it gets here.

I haven't had time to shoot it a lot but have ran around 100 rounds of 6 different loads/brands/types, all feed and shot fine. I plan to mount a scope soon to see what it can do.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
I plan to mount a scope soon to see what it can do.
I could be wrong but I don't know if you'd get the scope to be zeroed properly after takedown and reassembly. The iron sights are on the barrel so the irons should always keep the same zero. The scope mounts to the receiver and after the barrel is removed and replaced it may be off slightly. Years back I removed a 10/22 barrel for cleaning purposes, when I put it back on I had to re-zero the scope. A red dot sighted in for close distances may not be as noticeable, but a magnified scope will be.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't know if you'd get the scope to be zeroed properly after takedown and reassembly. The iron sights are on the barrel so the irons should always keep the same zero. The scope mounts to the receiver and after the barrel is removed and replaced it may be off slightly. Years back I removed a 10/22 barrel for cleaning purposes, when I put it back on I had to re-zero the scope. A red dot sighted in for close distances may not be as noticeable, but a magnified scope will be.
Not according to this guy. :) Ruger 10/22-TD Take-Down 22 Semi-Automatic Rifle - Gunblast.com - YouTube

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've seen good reports that they re-zero fine on reassembly. I guess I will find out. Was debating between a scope and a red dot so if I have a problem I may switch. My old bifocal eyes need all the help they can get if I want to get beyond about 20 yards.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah from what I read, your scope stays on zero. I wish they would have made the mount on the barrel like they do on the shotguns. All they need to do next is make the bag a hair longer.

James

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The gunblast dude on youtube says it stays zeroed because the way its made the barell goes on exactly the same every time

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
The gunblast dude on youtube says it stays zeroed because the way its made the barell goes on exactly the same every time
He also said once you adjust the knurled thing so it's not too tight or too loose on re-assembly so I'm thinking there may be a little tweaking required??

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 10/22 TD came from the factory already adjusted and is nice and tight. They say after many thousands of round if it starts to loosen up just tighten. It is click stops so you can take a click or two and try the fit if it is loose. One of the online videos is completely wrong showing you have to turn the knob adjuster every time you takedown or put back together.

I never had a regular 10/22 so I can't compare. From everything I have seen in reviews on the TD it is just as accurate.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I never had a regular 10/22 so I can't compare. From everything I have seen in reviews on the TD it is just as accurate.
... and from everything I've heard, obama is a US citizen .... now .... GET OUT TO THE RANGE WITH THAT THING!!! Oh .. you must report back with the results!! A video would be cool!!! ;)

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
What you wanna do is show up to the range with your Ruger backpack. Walk up to the line, take out the TD and put it together, fire off a magazine, Take it apart and put back in bag, put over shoulder and leave. Never say a word. People will think you're James Bloody Bond...
:D

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, I FINALLY shot it for the first time today. ZERO issues and I was using Remington military surplus ammo that Civilian Marksmanship Program used which is lead nosed and used 150 rounds. I was very impressed!! When is Ruger going to make a LSHO for this rifle? You would think by now they would! Kind of annoying but not a deal breaker for me.

James

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where have YOU been? LOL! Yes, most semi-auto rifles have it. The only reason I can think of why Ruger does not have it on their 10/22 is because of their rotary magazine design but that is only for the 10 round mags.

James

1 - 20 of 26 Posts