New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up at 10/22 about a year ago. I went to a gun show recently and picked up some pre ban thirty rounders for it. When I use the pre ban mags, the gun starts to jam. It functions fine with the ten round rotaries though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
251 Posts
The mags are probably junk. I just did a quick search for Eagle Industries mags and they appear to have a lot of problems. I would just recommend sticking with the 10 round rotary's and getting some alangator trimag couplers. I absolutely love mine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have the same problem with the one I bought from Steve-o. Now I have a $50 paper weight. I use any of my 10 rnd magazines and I have no issues what so ever in my ruger 10/22. I put in the preban and it jams every other round. I will probably never buy any preban 10/22 mag again.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have herd from many people that the 30 rd jammed excessively, I believe the 20 or 25 (can't remember which) worked a lot better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
From my personal experience and from others, I can say with confidence that the vast majority of preban 30-rounders for the 10/22 are utter trash. My 10/22 being strictly a range gun, I just stick with the factory 10-rounders. Ruger recently came out with factory 25-rounders, but of course we can't get those here in NY...

10_22-BX-25-Magazine-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well if it does work,you might as well try to make it work.
Smooth all edges of the lips,maybe try opening the lips up a little at a time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mags are probably junk. I just did a quick search for Eagle Industries mags and they appear to have a lot of problems. I would just recommend sticking with the 10 round rotary's and getting some alangator trimag couplers. I absolutely love mine.
Yeah I have two of those setups myself and they work flawlessly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jammed excessively is my experience exactly. I picked up five of them and only two work well. But even one of those will have problems ejecting the rounds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if it does work,you might as well try to make it work.
Smooth all edges of the lips,maybe try opening the lips up a little at a time.
After looking at the mags, I can see where the bolt catches on the magazine. It hits it on the top left part on the rear of the mag when the bolt goes to chamber a new round. Since the mag is useless in its current state I will try to file/sand that part down a bit to see if that helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy who sold me these mags also mentioned that they have a lifetime warranty with them. He said they would send three ten rounders rather than a thirty due to the ban. Anyone have any info on this? I couldn't find any info online myself

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have read that the plastic blade style mags are junk, which is why the 10 round mags have metal feed blades. I'm not sre if any hi-cap mags that are pre ban have the metal.

·
Registered
859 Posts
From my personal experience and from others, I can say with confidence that the vast majority of preban 30-rounders for the 10/22 are utter trash. My 10/22 being strictly a range gun, I just stick with the factory 10-rounders. Ruger recently came out with factory 25-rounders, but of course we can't get those here in NY...

10_22-BX-25-Magazine-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
This is ironic because they are made in NY. ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wow. I guess the feedback and all the other bashing was simply not enough for you. Thank you for continuing the charade. The other two that I kept work perfectly with the Federal ammo that I use in my Ruger 10-22.

Maybe it is you ammo. Or maybe it is just your negative attitude that your rifle is picking up on. Bad Joo Joo. Way too much negative energy.

Thanks again for bashing me. Hope you have an awesome night!!

I have the same problem with the one I bought from Steve-o. Now I have a $50 paper weight. I use any of my 10 rnd magazines and I have no issues what so ever in my ruger 10/22. I put in the preban and it jams every other round. I will probably never buy any preban 10/22 mag again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I didn't bash you once...just the junk you sold me. It's beyond me why you expected positive feedback. It must be my gun though and not the magazine. Additionally, this thread is regarding ****ty Preban 10/22 mags. Thats why I added my experience with the trash you sold me. Other people here apparently have problematic ruger 10/22's that don't work with awesome plastic Preban mags, too.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have not seen many of the preban mags work well for anyone I know. A bit off topic but, I use these tri-mag connectors too, love them! Although they do not fit into my speed loader while connected. Have you found a speed loader that works while they are connected??? I have to pull them apart every time I reload and put them back together. Not a huge deal but annoying none the less.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts