New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. First time post on here.

I am thinking of purchasing a Rossi circuit JUDGE (didn't know where to post this cuz its a 45lc/410...so ill call it a rifle)
Anyone have one here?

My main concern is the rifling in the barrel. And primary use would be 410 for small game and 45 for Plinking.

I live in erie county so I can't use rifles. And I'm not eating rabbiys or squirrels or birds...

Rifling...I HEARD the rifling wears out pretty quickly using 410 loads...any comment?
Anyone have one of these? What do you like/hate about it?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I can't imagine using LEAD shot in a STEEL barrel will wear things out tremendously fast...

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
The Rossi Circuit Judge is nothing more than a Rifle version of the Taurus "Judge"

I think, and Im not real sure of this, Rossi bought out Taurus or Taurus bought our Rossi.

It's my understanding, and I have no first hand knowledge of this, that Taurus sucks as far as quality goes. I have read several articles (that, now I wished I had saved) from some Gun Smiths that refuse to work on Taurus products because their Quality Control isn't the best?

Now, I DO NOT own a Taurus and thats just my opinion. From what I have read on-line, I doubt I would ever even consider owning one.

But I would go actually hold one and look it over very carefully before plopping down any dollars.

Good luck, have fun

·
Registered
364 Posts
Your concerns about rifling are not to far off. You just may be a little confused. Shooting lead down a barrell with rifling will not "wear" out the rifling. Actually it will fill in the rifling with lead and foul up your accuracy when shooting the .45 rounds. There are many solvents and cleaners out there to assist with the removal of the lead, but you will need a good brush, some patience, and alot of elbow grease. Good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Since the lead shot is going to be riding in a plastic cup anyways, or at least it should be, this shouldn't be a big concern.

G

·
The Rossi Circuit Judge, revolver rifle, is perhaps the most fecklessly impractical firearm produced in this century. Its deficiencies, failings and flaws are legion. This “revolver rifle’s” only merit is as an example of something that should never have gone past the concept phase of product development.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
The Rossi Circuit Judge, revolver rifle, is perhaps the most fecklessly impractical firearm produced in this century. Its deficiencies, failings and flaws are legion. This "revolver rifle's" only merit is as an example of something that should never have gone past the concept phase of product development.
From those I know that have one .... kmussack is correct. I know of 3 people that bought them and they regret it terribly. Not only from the usefulness point, but from the resale point. They are a cool looking gun, but looks won't put meat on the table for them unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
There's a new version CJ that shoots a .22LR/22 mag combo. That one makes more sense to me. Think I read they have some other combos in the pipeline, too. Here's the thing: If you have the $ to spend, these are light, shoulder very well, have good Tru-Glo sights, and point and shoot great. They are a novelty, yes, but they're cool and fun to shoot. There are plenty of firearms that are cool but useless...AR pistols come to mind...some would say a Sub 2000 is in that category, too. But there's no arguing these are all cool guns!

I was that close - to buying a used one here at NY Firearms, but hey...there are just too many other guns I need to buy first!

And BTW, if you can't kill a deer with this thing you're either a bad hunter or a bad shot. Hell, I could take a deer this afternoon with my 10/22, if I had to. :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was interested in the circuit judge for a little while... a few youtube videos made me lose interest pretty quick

·
Registered
284 Posts
Regardless of all negative feedback. I own one, bought it because it was different. I honestly like it. It's fun to shoot and accuracy isn't terrible. I have to defend taurus in one respect. My raging casull is one well built hunk of steel. Handle one, fire a 454 casull and you will feel the power.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'll second that. I have one as well and love it. I don't hunt , for me it's a plinking toy, anything from clay targets at short range to putting small scope on it and putting sub 2" groups at 100 yards. Never had any issues with it. I put 4-500 rounds thru it and probably another 2-300 shells.
Even took it to 200 yard range . Had to aim 3 feet higher but to compensate for 250 grain bullet drop , but worked fine.
as of quality? I also got PT1911 from Taurus with over 500 rounds in last 4 days (just got it) , most of it my reloads and I had 0 issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts