New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
That's just the "crazy gene" talking. It runs through the entire Paul family. Rand has more copies of this gene than Ron, IMHO...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Whoa boy, I think this is gonna be a long one!

I'm gonna give it a 3 bucket rating.

:lurk::lurk::lurk:

ETA: Holy $hit, I'm pretty sure Chris and Scars were on their high school debate teams!

Upping this to a 5 bucket... :lurk::lurk:

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
  1. it's really hard to convey what you really mean in 140 chars. Let's hear him explain it in more words.
  2. Having some clinical practice in dealing with counseling people, I can honestly say that if you aren't clued into the signs, his buddy probably didn't seem like a threat. So going to the range probably seemed like something normal to do. Even some professionals don't see the signs. I wouldn't expect anyone else to who is in the company of someone who wasn't seen as a threat to start with.
  3. I keep hearing people say "crazy gene" and crazy this and crazy that about Ron Paul. I dare anyone to think for themselves instead of pushing talking points about Ron and explain their position; because I quite honestly haven't met anyone who can do this without contradicting themselves about freedom in the same breath.
  4. I'm disappointed in the tweet on it's face. But let's not forget that Romney was the only man to ban "scary black guns" in any state prior to cuomo. Yet, the lot of you probably posted a vote for him.. balls to admit it anyone? If the "conservatives" and "republicans" woke the **** up, they would have voted for RP and there would be NO gun banners in office. You may not have liked some of his foreign policy, but you can't honestly tell me that the past 30 years of policy has been #win..
  5. Good intentions aren't always the best medicine.
Disclosure: I'm a Federationist => http://anti-federalist.org/

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Did Chris give the guy a gun? Chris knew he had PTSD so I wonder why you would want to have him shoot a gun in the first place. Makes no sense. From the outside looking in, it looks like Chris tried to help the guy by bringing him shooting. If that is correct well "live by the gun, die by the gun" statement is true. Would any of you bring me shooting if I had a mental illness? I think the answer would be no.

James

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
He already tweeted that he thought Kyle was a hero. But he did not agree with bringing PTSD vets to the range.
Ron Paul is definitely pro 2nd. But he is also a doctor.
Agreed.

PTSD is like any mental health issue. There are many, many variations and each individual will be affected by this in a different way. While I don't think you should speak in generalities (no one with PTSD should be given a gun) it does make sense to have a deep understanding of that person and how this is affecting them as part of an evaluation prior to handing them a loaded weapon.

Common sense.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I think the number of people on this forum who don't realize they have PTSD on some level, according to the "psychologists" who insist on every human emotion being a disease of some sort, would be alarming to some.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ron paul said:
Ron Paul posted the following clarification on facebook:
as a veteran, i certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of chris kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to mr. Kyle's family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -rep

I'm not defending Mr. Paul's view on this subject, merely allowing his further clarification to be shown as well. Out of this all the other things he's said (most of which I do agree with), I'd still vote for him before the other choices the Republicans keep presenting us.

I've known enough people who have been diagnosed with PTSD, who have used firearms and have not killed anyone, that I don't want to see legislation preclude them from firearms ownership or use merely because of a diagnosis. PTSD does not equal murder-death-killer-guy.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Senility is a sad, sad thing...

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
PTSD does not make a person defective, it affects people differently. Two of my buds have it and I will trust either one with a loaded gun behind my back and not think twice about it.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I've known enough people who have been diagnosed with PTSD, who have used firearms and have not killed anyone, that I don't want to see legislation preclude them from firearms ownership or use merely because of a diagnosis. PTSD does not equal murder-death-killer-guy.
It's still a mental illness, do you really want to take the chance? I'm not saying they should never have guns, but get them real help before handing them a rifle. To say otherwise only adds fuel to the fire for those who want to take our guns.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.