New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
so what are you supposed to do, a vote for a 3rd party cnadidate is like voting for obama, ur damned if ya do ur damed if ya dont !!!

· Registered
9,138 Posts
If Romney wins, I don't think we have anything to worry about. He will do nothing on the Federal level to infringe our rights. One thing that people tend to forget, running a Liberal state is completely different than running the country. As Governor, one must do what the residents of his state want him to do. Mass is much different than the nation as a whole. Once elected, Romney will do fine by us.

· Registered
820 Posts
The biggest plus in a Romney presidency IMO is that he will be in charge of appointing federal judges. Obama has been stacking the courts with anti-gun, anti-law enforcement, and pro-criminal federal judges. They'll rule against us in all the pending 2A lawsuits, and then let dangerous criminals go free. This needs to be stopped, pronto.

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
so what are you supposed to do, a vote for a 3rd party cnadidate is like voting for obama, ur damned if ya do ur damed if ya dont !!!
It doesn't really matter who you vote for in NY. Obama will win our state, whether we vote for Romney or some 3rd party candidate. Obama crushed McCain in 2008. He probably won't beat Romney by as much, but he will still beat him in NY.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
IMHO I think Romney could lose by an even larger margin than McCain. Romney is the wealthiest candidate to ever seek the office, he's out of touch with 99.9% of America and I don't trust his stance on 2A one iota. He was a 1-term Governor in Massachusetts and pushed a healthcare deal that was very similar to Obamacare. His excuse? It was "right" for Massachusetts. Huge BS flag there. He flip-flops on just about everything. At any rate, he is anything but a pro-2A candidate. The right will turn on gun owners, just wait...

· Registered
279 Posts
This is correct, and hopefully keep a republican in office for quite some time.
Yes. It worked out great for them in Massachusetts.

FTFA..

"Even worse, Romney signed a law to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense," Romney said in 2004. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

EDIT: It's the same as the federal level "Assault Weapons Ban" except it never expires. Just like what we have in New York.

· Registered
9,138 Posts
It doesn't really matter who you vote for in NY. Obama will win our state, whether we vote for Romney or some 3rd party candidate. Obama crushed McCain in 2008. He probably won't beat Romney by as much, but he will still beat him in NY.
Alright Mr. Negative, lets try to be a bit more optimistic, maybe if we all believe, Romney may win in NY. Regan won NY, not the Mitt is anything like Ron. You never know.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Alright Mr. Negative, lets try to be a bit more optimistic, maybe if we all believe, Romney may win in NY. Regan won NY, not the Mitt is anything like Ron. You never know.
Obama will win in NY. It is literally pointless to vote in this state.

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
Let us all be serious. If he wants to be anti-gun, he will not do so during his first term. Remember, the first term is just the start of the campaign for a second term. THEN is when we can expect to see our rights infringed upon.

· Registered
1,841 Posts
If Romney wins the election, I seriously doubt that we're going to see much improvement, but we'll be right back to another 0bama in the next election or two. If 0bama wins, he'll for-sure be out in another four years, and there will be a strong anti-Liberal sentiment across the whole country. I'm not saying vote for 0bama, I sure won't, but in the long run I'm pretty sure we'll be better off not having Romney in office once we recover from the current 0bamanation. As for me, I'll be writing in Ron Paul, I know there's no chance he'll win, but maybe it'll help stir up enough dust that we'll have some choice in the next election.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
If Romney wins the election, I seriously doubt that we're going to see much improvement, but we'll be right back to another 0bama in the next election or two. If 0bama wins, he'll for-sure be out in another four years, and there will be a strong anti-Liberal sentiment across the whole country. I'm not saying vote for 0bama, I sure won't, but in the long run I'm pretty sure we'll be better off not having Romney in office once we recover from the current 0bamanation. As for me, I'll be writing in Ron Paul, I know there's no chance he'll win, but maybe it'll help stir up enough dust that we'll have some choice in the next election.
Can we write in candidates? I'm absolutely writing in "Turd Sandwhich" if we can. And honestly, I'd rather have that in office than these 2.

· Premium Member
438 Posts
I do not like Mitt. But we have no other choice. If the bammy gets in again, this country will make the old USSR look like play land .

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
You can believe, hope, pray, or do whatever you want to do. Romney won't be winning NY, even if all the Ron Paul voters voted for Romney instead. I would rather try to make a statement with my vote than to totally throw it away by voting for Romney. Do as you wish though.

I'll eat my words if Obama gets less than 50% of the vote in NY, and voting for any 3rd party would have actually made a difference.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
You can believe, hope, pray, or do whatever you want to do. Romney won't be winning NY, even if all the Ron Paul voters voted for Romney instead. I would rather try to make a statement with my vote than to totally throw it away by voting for Romney. Do as you wish though.

I'll eat my words if Obama gets less than 50% of the vote in NY, and voting for any 3rd party would have actually made a difference.
I will hit myself in the face with a pie if Obama does not win NY.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.