New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockland Journal News decided it would helpful to create a clickable on line map of Rockland / Westchester handgun permits. Although not illegal due to the Freedom of Information laws, I think this one of the most incredibly stupid and irresponible articles ever written. Further it places handgun owners in a situation where the delinquent kid next door now knows where he can steal a weapon. Secondly by publishing the information it potentially places retired LEO in harms way if some degenerate criminal decides he wants retribution for being arrested.

BOYCOTT THE JOURNAL NEWS AND THOSE THAT ADVERTISE. OUR RIGHTS ARE AT STAKE!

Article link

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...n-permits-your-neighborhood-?odyssey=obinsite

· Registered
39 Posts
Just heard about this from a friend and very disappointing indeed.....When will it ever end!

I've been a License holder for the past 30 years, and find it very offensive that the Journal News
would stoop so low, as to do this to the law abiding citizens in Rockland and Westchester.

Shame, shame on them........That being said, we all have the right to voice our disappointment
for them doing so, and Robert Cox of the Blog "Talk of the Sound" has listed the point of
contact information of all those responsible at the Journal News, and suggest that you all
reach out to them, as I have......It's our rights and lives their messing with.

Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood? | Talk of the Sound

· Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the geography pretty well. Low crimes rates for the most part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.