New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got Permit With Green Purchase Coupon...

Bought Pistol that is being shipped to a NY FFL from Florida.

I went to the Clerk with my Reciept that was sent via e-mail, and filled out form.

She wrote the Pistol on the back of my permit, and covered it with scotch tape, and said I could go pick it up when it comes in... OR wait till they send me the new Permit, maybe next week, and then...

"I Could Use The Coupon For, Next Time" ???

Does this mean that if it's perminently on my Permit, I don't need the Green Coupon to pick it up, and next time I buy a pistol, I can use it, and take gun right away?

Confused...

Thanks,.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure about what she told you but this is how it worked for me.
I had the green coupon that came in the mail with the permit and when I purchased my first pistoli brought my reciept to the clerk and she wrote the info on my permit just like you said and told me a new one with it printed on would come in the mail shortly. I then went back to the store and showed it all to them and took home my pistol.
When I got my second pistol I went to the clerks office with all the guns info and filled out the amendment paperwork. After about two weeks I received a new permit with both pistols typed on the back and another green coupon signed by the judge. I was then able to go to the FFL and pick up my pistol. Simple process but that o weeks felt like forever to pick up my gun sitting only a couple of miles from my house.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Thats odd, my second pistol amendment did not come with a coupon. Just the signed purchase order and my updated permit. I would think the updated permit takes the place of the coupon?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats odd, my second pistol amendment did not come with a coupon. Just the signed purchase order and my updated permit. I would think the updated permit takes the place of the coupon?
That's what I'm thinking! She said the Permit might come soon, and I wouldn't have to use the green coupon, and then I can use it for my Next gun. So I'm thinking I can just take a new gun with that left over coupon.

Nice, cause I bought the Safe Queen First, and I really want a Range gun soon... So I would by the 2nd within a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't mind, what did you get?
Ohh Sure you kiddin?

MY DREAM GUN.

WILSON COMBAT CQB ELITE 1911 .45acp.

Wanted a 1911 since I was a kid! Can't believe I'm finally getting one.

Lucked out too... There is currently a 18 month wait.

RR

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wilson has great stuff, let us know how she turns out.......
Sure will, Just bought a 1000 Round case of Magtech 230gr. FMJ to break her in

Heard it was better/cleaner than American Eagle, or Winchester white box.

R

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice. I would really like a 1911 but I'm thinking of getting one in 9mm to keep shooting costs down for now. I know many will say it's not a real 1911 if it's not .45ACP but I would rather shoot more.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice. I would really like a 1911 but I'm thinking of getting one in 9mm to keep shooting costs down for now. I know many will say it's not a real 1911 if it's not .45ACP but I would rather shoot more.
Billy,

Don't be fooled. I just bought a 1000 Round Case of Magtech 230grn FMJ for $360.

That's 36 cents a Round! I does not get much cheaper than that. And that's for Premium Brass non-reloaed Quality Rounds.

Come on over to the Wild side!

Royd

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been paying $189 for American made 1000 rounds of new 115gr FMJ. For me, that enough of a gap NOT to make the jump. Lately I've been shooting pretty much every week so price really does matter for me.
I've been buying from Freedom Munitions and I've been very happy with no failures what so ever and burns clean. 1000 rounds of new 230 from them is $306.
I don't mean to hijack your thread from it's original topic.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Lol, 1000 rounds to break in the "safe queen" :). BTW, sounds awesome, good luck with it.

Back on topic, I thought you needed to give the FFL the coupon even if its already added to permit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, 1000 rounds to break in the "safe queen" :). BTW, sounds awesome, good luck with it.

Back on topic, I thought you needed to give the FFL the coupon even if its already added to permit?
That is Exactly Right Sir!... Exactly what I had to do... They told me at Davis, that they need it for their books.

The Secretary just gave me misinformation... I know she ment well...

No Big deal anyway as I got my Amendment for the Springfield 1911 TRP in 2 days! I had it before the gun hit NY.

Thanks!

Royd

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Paola your kidding right? All your posts have been worthless thus far.... cant wait to see your crap for sale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts