New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I applied for my Rockland county permit back in January. It has been sitting on the Judge's desk since the beginning of April, waiting to be signed. I presume I have Walsh as my judge as my last ssn digit is a "7." Anyone have any guesses as to how much longer it will be/ have Walsh as a judge?

I put two guns on layaway at Bud's gun shop today after speaking to my dealer. He agreed to hang onto them for me if the 90 days pass and I still haven't received the permit. Really nice guy! I'm just worried about everything disappearing/increasing in price five fold like they did after the '08 election. Better to buy them now!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry To hear this... It sucks, waiting is like torture.

You have verified that it's on his desk?

Do you have any complications? Like a DWI, Domestic Violence, unpaid tickets, etc?

My Friend had taken Xanax for a while in the past, and didn't write it down, they found out, and called him in... He finally got it, but it took a Year!

Remember... Anything can slow you down no matter how small you think it is.... Any adults in your house they have to submit a Notarized letter stating that they are ok with you having a firearm on premises... Etc.

Good Luck.

R

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the clerk told me that everything was good and complete, and they had printed up a license and sent it to the judge back in April. It only requires his signature at this point. I also have a squeaky clean record so it flew through the background process. I just wanted to see if anyone had the same judge and the amount of time it took for them to receive their permit.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Ken. How long does he usually take to process your amendments? I read on here that he has taken as long as two months, but what is the norm?

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
i would call Kathleen, pistol clerk, and ask her to check again that the judge did not lose it. mine was sitting on the judges desk for a month, when i called Kathleen , she said she would look into it. she discovered that it was signed by the judge, but no one could locate it. she pushed another copy through and i had it within a couple of days of her discovery. the judge involved was judge nelson.
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the idea, 5.56, I left her a message today. Hopefully I will be getting it soon! I have a pf9 with a parkerized finish and a taurus 66 4" stainless on layaway at bud's. Can't wait to finally have/shoot them!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got a call back from the clerk today. He said the judge will sign it by the end of this week and I should receive it within two weeks! hopefully this is true.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good luck. just remember to stay on top of them. the other thing you may want to do, is tell them to call you when its signed and you will pick up in person. that will save the time it takes for the snail mail system would take to get it to you

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
license arrived today!!!!! thanks to everyone for the help. Now hopefully these two amendments will be signed reasonably quickly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts