New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any armed guards from rockland county on here?

I recently got certified and am hoping to pick up a job p/t. The trouble is, it seems that all the jobs require an unrestricted permit, whereas rockland only issues restricted permits.

I am planning to petition to the judge about this, since obtaining employment as an armed guard without an unrestricted license seems near impossible. Any guards on here apply for a license upgrade to unrestricted successfully? Or does it usually just say "armed guard" on there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Not all the armed security jobs in New York State require a full carry, unrestricted pistol license. My cousin's son works at Indian Point Nuclear Energy Center (Entergy) as armed security and he's has a Westchester County RESTRICTED Pistol License with an 'ARMED GUARD SECURITY' endorsement. Westchester County simply will not issue him [as well as other armed guards] a full carry license. It's not a matter of you getting the various county judges to change their minds on pistol license issuance but getting the armed guard employer to change their hiring practices.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any armed guards from rockland county on here?

I recently got certified and am hoping to pick up a job p/t. The trouble is, it seems that all the jobs require an unrestricted permit, whereas rockland only issues restricted permits.

I am planning to petition to the judge about this, since obtaining employment as an armed guard without an unrestricted license seems near impossible. Any guards on here apply for a license upgrade to unrestricted successfully? Or does it usually just say "armed guard" on there?

Thanks.
GOOD LUCK finding a job unless your current or retired law enforcement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts