New York Firearms Forum banner

Rock Island Armory 2011 - anyone know anything about it?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  patriot777 
#1 ·
I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the Rock Island Armory Hi-Cap 1911 [ https://us.armscor.com/products/2011-high-capacity-tactical-45acp ]. It looks nice and has a nice capacity of 13 rounds. Seems like a great home defense gun as far as I can tell. I have not had much luck with finding anyone that owns one nor do I even know its price. I'm not even sure if it has been released yet considering that there is a pre-order button instead or an "order now" button. What are your thoughts? Anyone ever shot one before?
Thanks!

#2 ·
RIA's are great guns but you cannot own that in NY because of the mag restriction. Also, the 2011 Tactical series line is very hard to find right now. If you can find one used and someone is willing to sell you the gun without the magazine, go for it but I do not see why you would want a double stack if the max capacity is 10 rounds unless you have big hands and want the wider frame. Just get a single stack 1911 with a 10 round magazine. I settled for the 9mm 1911 Tactical because of what I mentioned above.

James

#4 ·
I have a RIA 1911 .45 cal 2011 Tac and really love it this model came with the VZ grips. The standard wood RIA grips are less than impressive IMO. I'm a lefty so the ambi controls are very economical. They have a lifetime warranty and I have heard on the 1911 forum the customer service is excellent. I have not needed to use it mine shot great outta the box. I really wish I could get a model in .22 TCM which looks quiet impressive on video I have seen but, NYS and our dumb mag restrictions urgh...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.