New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I really should learn not to read the comments.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
She should be commended for taking the effort to make sure her students were safe. The person who allowed the children to but put at risk by arranging a trip to the most vile insafe hell hole in America shiuld be imprisoned

·
Registered
310 Posts
I really should learn not to read the comments.
Progressives seem to have developed an ability to block out anything that does not adhere to their worldview -- debate is no longer possible. When someone commented on friend's facebook page that social workers and teachers are hugely underpaid I suggested that social workers do quite well in PRNY, and teachers can exceed 100K before they retire. Some guy insists I'm lying and demands specifics, so I post the link to the database of NY teachers salaries and tell him look for yourself if you don't believe me. The response is that asking him to look up something is some sort of trick...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Progressives seem to have developed an ability to block out anything that does not adhere to their worldview -- debate is no longer possible. .. response is that asking him to look up something is some sort of trick...
that's why it is a waste of time to try and show these people Facts
what is needed is to get the legislators that adhere to this thought pattern OUT

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well, that was stupid! How long before someone shouts she should be charged with Child Endangerment as well?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Their should be more teachers carrying.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The local news said she had a carry permit for 20 years, but didn't know she was not allowed to carry in NYC. It's inexcusable that she "didn't know" about the NYC differential laws. The fact NYC has their own rules is also inexcusable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Was she later also charged with SAFE ACT violations?
Clearly she was on school grounds when she boarded the bus at school to start the trip. This case has a few interesting possible spins.
The article states she as detained and later released, was she arrested and had to be arraigned and post bail before rejoining the group for the ride home with students?
Some information is missing.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
The local news said she had a carry permit for 20 years, but didn't know she was not allowed to carry in NYC. It's inexcusable that she "didn't know" about the NYC differential laws. The fact NYC has their own rules is also inexcusable.
I call bull****. If you don't live anywhere near NYC, you very well may not know. Hell, I lived in CNY for 15 years and I didn't know about it until 2009.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
According to the New York Police Department, Diane Watkins, 46, of Post Avenue had a .38-caliber handgun in her purse that was discovered during a routine X-ray check of personal items at the tourist attraction.
What a fun place

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
She was also going onto federal land. Liberty park bans weapons even from off duty LEO's.

I wish that this case might make more exceptions to the ban on school property and lower it back down to a misdemeanor for permit holders.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Begs the question if she carries on school grounds. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just saying...

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Was she later also charged with SAFE ACT violations?
Clearly she was on school grounds when she boarded the bus at school to start the trip. This case has a few interesting possible spins.
The article states she as detained and later released, was she arrested and had to be arraigned and post bail before rejoining the group for the ride home with students?
Some information is missing.
Beat me to it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts