New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
man, thats pretty freaking disgusting to watch! really, driving around in mraps, in combat gear with battle rifles at the ready... this isnt kansas anymore.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
man, thats pretty freaking disgusting to watch! really, driving around in mraps, in combat gear with battle rifles at the ready... this isnt kansas anymore.
I hear what your saying celt but you haven't seen the Puerto Rican festival in Rochester. Its too bad that it has to driving mrap down the road but there has been full scale riots at this thing before.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I hear ya bps, but im not willing to trade living in a police state for security myself... granted, I dont live in that area, but I believe security is an individual responsibility.

having the police drive around like that makes me think of Nazi Germany, and this is America... that just doesnt fly in my book.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
That short video cost the tax payers about $50 in fuel. Parade detail sure has changed. If they have toys they will use them.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Clinton and Flower is about a ¼ mile from my house. This years "festival" was down right tame compared to the last couple years. I can hear "low riders" doing there burnouts, fireworks and yes, the occasional "celebratory" gun fire.

Im not usually paranoid, but during the festival I break out the 12ga and leave it next to the bed, those folks get some firewater in them and all manor of weird things happen.

and yes, I am picking on the Puerto Rican festival. We have German, Italian, Irish, Polish, all kinds of festivals, the Puerto Rican is the only one that seems to turn into a riot. I was very happy this years was relatively quiet

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I remember when auxiliary police got that gig.
I remember when the Auxiliary Police where like the UN. Standing a mile away praying they don't get hurt

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
^^this. There is no need to have an "overwhelming show of force" as a deterrent. The message is "don't screw around or we will put the hurt on you." How about adding extra police presence rather than military style assets? It's Rochester, not Fallujah.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
^^this. There is no need to have an "overwhelming show of force" as a deterrent. The message is "don't screw around or we will put the hurt on you." How about adding extra police presence rather than military style assets? It's Rochester, not Fallujah.
uuum when was the last time you attended the Rochester Puerto Rican Festival? They tried that a couple years ago, didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Lets be clear about something BEFORE we all go goofy: The Festival itself is a peaceful and it's great festival, it's AFTER the festival that things get a little crazy. The kids in there souped up Honda's and Corolla's and Caddies are the ones causing the problems

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Was never there. I understand that there is a relatively small element that causes all the trouble and needs to be monitored and kept in line. I think it's overkill to use that kind of equipment - they are limited use special purpose equipment (or are supposed to be). Perhaps they'll roll it out at the next pro-2A rally cuz those guys are dangerous. I choose not to get comfortable with MRAPs rolling down Main Street USA.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
:rofl:well you know us Puerto Ricans are like those Evil Black Rifles we're more Dangerous than the average Human :apc::cheers:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
thank You ...!!!! ..:)

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I have this thought that keeps bouncing through my head....

"please sarge, let us take the MRAP"

"Ok, but I dont want this on the front page of the paper"

"yes, you are the best sarge EVAR!"

"Hey guys, we get to take the MRAP, grab ALL your gear, we are getting suited up"

no disrespect intended to our good guys on here... but I can imagine some guys being like kids at christmas when they get to take something like that out.

Edit: I know id be like a kid at christmas with an MRAP, but it doesnt mean I like the manner in which they used it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
uuum when was the last time you attended the Rochester Puerto Rican Festival? They tried that a couple years ago, didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Lets be clear about something BEFORE we all go goofy: The Festival itself is a peaceful and it's great festival, it's AFTER the festival that things get a little crazy. The kids in there souped up Honda's and Corolla's and Caddies are the ones causing the problems
Puertorican basher....the sad part is you're right lol.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
What a joke? We have to close businesses that are even close to being this disruptive but the festival lives no matter what.

On another note we are "saving the border kids" by sending them to freaking chicago, hahahaha, you can't make this stuff up.
jim

1 - 20 of 65 Posts