New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If I am to believe what I am reading, I don't care how "slow" someone is... if someone of authority tells you to put something down, you do it.

If they were that "slow" there would not have been a chance for them to even get a gun in their hands... BB gun or not. Perhaps orange tipping them isn't enough... maybe they should be entirely orange?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
If I am to believe what I am reading, I don't care how "slow" someone is... if someone of authority tells you to put something down, you do it.

If they were that "slow" there would not have been a chance for them to even get a gun in their hands... BB gun or not. Perhaps orange tipping them isn't enough... maybe they should be entirely orange?
If that was the case a smart criminal would paint a rifle all orange!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
That "coloring the BB/airsoft gun A redicioulous color" nonsense never ceases to amaze me. "Hey guys, let's make it so when you reach into your coat when a cop tells you to freeze it's ok because you have a colored gun so there won't be any confusion. What could go wrong?"

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
yea, didn't think about that, lol

BUT in this case, if the guy truly was "slow" and not a criminal, perhaps this could have a different outcome?

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
One of the witnesses said that he was a good kid and got into trouble in his "younger years." He was only 20 years old. He was still on probation, so it wasn't that long ago. He couldn't have been that good of a kid.

·
Registered
687 Posts
yea, didn't think about that, lol

BUT in this case, if the guy truly was "slow" and not a criminal, perhaps this could have a different outcome?
He was an stinking probation. why do we need a different outcome. bad guy no more.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Typical suicide by police. It is sad when you see this happened but that is the way it is right now when you lift your gun like that.
They should have an instant tranquilizer dart or something else they can use with mentally disturbed people whether they want to be killed or not and might not even have all the wits to realize that is the only possible outcome to the situation.

·
Registered
687 Posts
the previous post I quoted said he was slow and not a criminal. They don't put people on probatino for being slow but they do for being a criminal

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Mentally disturbed people they also end up in the prison system because there is no other alternative.
This is a big problem well known and documented everywhere.

·
Registered
687 Posts
It is happening more since we have shut down many of our hospitals for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
"He took the gun off of his shoulder and went like this, and had it like that. He didn't shoot it. He didn't point it at no police officers. He didn't put it to his chin as other people say, or any of that. They shot him down innocently," said Dianne Diaz, witness.
I'm sure he didn't do anything wrong and was just the perfect little angel. Wait. Why was he out in the street with a gun and refusing police orders?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
"Friends say the man who was shot was celebrating his 20th birthday today."

Helluva birthday bash gone wrong.

Stabs his mom, grabs a gun, refuses to disarm when confronted by the cops.

Little surprise he got shot, he left the cops with only one option.

·
Registered
687 Posts
wow that story change.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts