New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official, we were notified today that the Glock 21 Gen4 will be the issued duty gun for all patrol officers. Additionally, Investigators or those in administrative assignment can choose between the G21 and the G30SF.

According to Firearms Training Unit, over 100 officers tested the guns that were being evaluated, and the Glock was the overwhelming favorite.

The curret recruit class will begin training with the Glocks in October, and the rest of the department will be transitioning in Spring 2013 in-service.

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
Welcome to the darkside

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Congrats! A lot of you guys have been waiting for the switch for along time!

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Was this a cost thing or is there actually an issue with the Storm? o_O

· Registered
4,733 Posts
GLOCK is a much much better pistol than the Storm. With the Gen4 setup, they'll be able to outfit 95% of the officers without too much trouble. The rest will be able to get some remedial to work through the bugs.

Congrats on them finally going to the square gun side!

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was this a cost thing or is there actually an issue with the Storm? o_O
Not a cost issue at all..... Our distribuor is swapping out our PX4's with G21's... 1-for-1 trade.

We've had multiple issues with the PX4. There are reliability issues as well as design issues.

I'm wondering this as well. Were M&Ps in the running?
The M&P .45 was in the running and it did terrible in the testing. The G21 FAR outperformed the M&P.

Where can I buy a trade-in PX4?
No-can-do. The distributor is taking them all in trade.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
OP: God forbid the press get a few details right...LOL

The G21 is far superior to the other guns that were tested. Form what I heard, it pretty much spanked the rest right out of the gate.

Congrats!

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Not a cost issue at all..... Our distribuor is swapping out our PX4's with G21's... 1-for-1 trade.

We've had multiple issues with the PX4. There are reliability issues as well as design issues.

The M&P .45 was in the running and it did terrible in the testing. The G21 FAR outperformed the M&P.

No-can-do. The distributor is taking them all in trade.
Wow, I would love to hear the details of what issues the PX4 had, and how the Glock outperformed the M&P. Everything I've heard is that both of those are outstanding guns with excellent reliability.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.