New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Good then GTFO Jimmy. Hopefully there will be a more favorable replacement.

99 Posts
He does need to go. He was very pro SAFE ACT, and of course to him guns were the problem, not the people. Especially the people in the inner City. He was against putting the "precincts" back into the city which does far better when the officers have a connection to the community they patrol. This type of policing has been proven effect, more so then more gun control.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yep. He needs to go. But I'm scared sh|tless about who Lovely Gantt is going to put in the chair. I suspect it'll go from bad to worse. She hates RPD about as much as Obama hates America.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Yep. He needs to go. But I'm scared sh|tless about who Lovely Gantt is going to put in the chair. I suspect it'll go from bad to worse. She hates RPD about as much as Obama hates America.
Exactly! I'm sure in 6 months people will be begging for Shepard just as we were begging for bush!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Exactly! I'm sure in 6 months people will be begging for Shepard just as we were begging for bush!
Highly unlikely...

Former Chief David Moore was "replaced" by Chief James Shepperd because good old Jimmy took his marching orders from Bob Duffy who still ran RPD from his office in Albany.

The writing was on the wall that the new Mayor was going to purge city hall of all former Duffy/Richards appointees. I certainly don't expect any significant shifts in politics or policies though but with all due respect Jim Shepperd was a moron.

Watch him end up with a cushy new job with the NYS Dept. of Criminal Justice Services.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Highly unlikely...

Watch him end up with a cushy new job with the NYS Dept. of Criminal Justice Services.
This is a given. The chief was a Duffy nuthugger for a reason. Duffy said appointing Shepard was "his greatest appointment". Sure thing Duffy,
thats why you passed him over the first time and appointed David Moore as chief.

You can be certain the new chief will be a sensitive progressive.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
He says he's not being forced out, but being how he is the chief, he is allowed to tell whoppers, in stead of little white ones.
Robin

·
Registered
459 Posts
Bring back the beat cop. The bad nabor "hoods" put a pair on the street that would have far more impact than patrol cars passing through.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Sheppard needs to go, but I'm afraid to see who's going to replace him.

I feel very strongly that those outside of Rochester, but still in Monroe County, should have a say in who's running the city because it has such a large effect on the entire county. It'll never happen, but it's a wish.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The new Politically Appointed Police Chief will be on board with the unSafe Act, or he won't get the job. Wink,wink.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts