New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great facility to shoot at. I guess they are having 10 or 12 stages about 200 to 250 rounds. Should be a great fun shoot, check their web site. See you there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
What are the times? I'm attending a grad party there at the club house on the 13th and if i get bored i'll take a walk down to the range and watch for a while.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I haven't registered yet but I will probably get signed up for it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start time is going to be 9:00am. I believe its workers only shoot of Friday the 13th. You need to sign up in advance of the shoot, check their web site, I know they have openings. I think they have a shooters meeting at 8:30am the day of the shoot but i am not sure. Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I never got around to signing up. Good luck tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I never got around to signing up. Good luck tomorrow.
Jeff, Bob has spots open. Pistol at 9am, then rifle at 10:45am. Only $40 to shoot both, if you can make it, come run that new beast you built. If not, thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Have fun guys! I had planned to shoot this one but got into another match out of state later this year, due to costs something had to be cut! good luck John!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great facility to shoot at. I guess they are having 10 or 12 stages about 200 to 250 rounds. Should be a great fun shoot, check their web site. See you there.
I'll be there sunday for rifle only , hope to see there Dan.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shot all 3 events on Saturday, the RBPS guys put on a well run shoot. Did ok on all except 200 yd rifle. Over all a great day.!! Thanks RBPS team.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Shot all 3 events on Saturday, the RBPS guys put on a well run shoot. Did ok on all except 200 yd rifle. Over all a great day.!! Thanks RBPS team.
Dan, I shot Saturday as well at 9am. I shot pistol & rifle. Who were you squaded up with?

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I also had a great time. Shot pistol & rifle. The weather was great, was a little hot, but the sun was shining. I shot some stages decent and some not so good, lol. The 200 yard targets killed me on the rifle range, it was my first time ever shooting over a 100 yards--and I only had a red dot, no magnifying optic. I can't stress enough for everyone to get involved in any type of organized shooting whether it be pistol, rifle, shotgun or a 3-gun match. It's actually kind of surprising that with all the members we have on here, only a small fraction get involved in organized shooting. Owning a gun & knowing how to use a gun are 2 different things--be the one that knows how to use a gun!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Coden, 9:00am start also. Shot with a Couple from Albany just getting back in the sport, Nice people! And a bunch of guys from Rochester. There was 2 of us from Buffalo on the squad. John Guida (spelling) was walking along with our squad and giving tips on stages. Not sure of the names of the other guys. We started on the Slug stage for shotgun after lunch.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Coden, 9:00am start also. Shot with a Couple from Albany just getting back in the sport, Nice people! And a bunch of guys from Rochester. There was 2 of us from Buffalo on the squad. John Guida (spelling) was walking along with our squad and giving tips on stages. Not sure of the names of the other guys. We started on the Slug stage for shotgun after lunch.
Dan, I am pretty sure I was in your squad & we also shot rifle together. I think you were with a guy named Sean? I think you were shooting a 1911.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya that was me, we had a great squad. I do need to upgrade my 1911 to some hi-cap handgun as it was a big disadvantage on time due to all the mag changes. Some guys ran some of the course with out a change. My speed needs to improve, i get the hits but i am too slow. Fun shooten with ya. You should made the drive to Towanda for our WNYPPL monthly shoots, you will enjoy them. Regards!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Dan, research what class you want to shoot before you buy a gun. There is allot more to it than standard caps, and so on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to stay in tactical for rifle& shotgun, so something that will fit USPSA production or limited i think. I can always change the mags size if i am correct.
I got bumped into open for rifle (one optic) and shotgun (1187 plain) this weekend and i dont understand why. I did send a note to one of the guys that ran the match for clairfication.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If you go production, any good poly pistol will do. Glock, S&W, FN and so on. If you go limited, you will want a gun that has great aftermarket support so that you can get all the "go fast" goodies, like extensions mag wells and good triggers. What other stuff was on your rifle? Light or Bipod by chance? Those both can put you into open. Otherwise it may have been an error.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope, just a 1 to 4 scope and a vertical fore grip. Shotgun just had a mag extension and adjustable stock, nothing fancy. Several other guys on my squad had some neat stuff installed on their guns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts