New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I don't really like asking for favors but what the hell right? The land I normally hunt on really sucks, I haven't seen anything in years and I don't really feel like getting my license this year because of that. Would anyone in the monroe/ wayne area consider letting me hunt on your land. I'm super responsible safe and flexable if you'd not want me out certain days or times. I'd like to stay away from state land if at all possible.

Please pm me If you'd consider.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
On public land, and not around Rochester, but there is usually pretty decent hunting down in Ontario County at the Stid Hill WMA. High chance of 2 DMPs and they always have leftover DMPs also.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Why avoid state land? If you are flexible with your schedule you could hunt all season and run into almost no other hunters. South of Rochester you can find some FINE hunting, from what a couple of my friends tell me, from what my son's professors tell us.

Yeah public land has it's drawbacks, but I have hunted 20 years on state land and have managed to score a couple of real nice bucks through the years. There were only a couple of years that I got skunked and those were my own fault for letting does walk past during archery season, or passing up a smaller buck on opening day, those kinds of decisions sometimes tend to bite you a bit..

·
Registered
897 Posts
The only thing I can say that's good about state land is the fact that the hunters push those deer all over the place the first couple of days, and then again on the weekend. After that its pot luck. One year I had a guy from New Jersey give me this beautiful 8 pointer minus the rack. We talked about 10-15 minutes, I did all the dirty work and he helped me throw it in the back of my truck. Thank You!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My camp is next to state land..... If you walk more than 100 yards from a road and stay off the big trails you won't see another hunter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First off I don't really like asking for favors but what the hell right? The land I normally hunt on really sucks, I haven't seen anything in years and I don't really feel like getting my license this year because of that. Would anyone in the monroe/ wayne area consider letting me hunt on your land. I'm super responsible safe and flexable if you'd not want me out certain days or times. I'd like to stay away from state land if at all possible.

Please pm me If you'd consider.
Are you looking to hunt during archery, gun or both?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I've been on Hi Tor on opening day. It was the scariest thing I've ever done and will never do it again.

I'm curious about land around here too. My family land has been pretty barren the last few years.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I've been on Hi Tor on opening day. It was the scariest thing I've ever done and will never do it again.

I'm curious about land around here too. My family land has been pretty barren the last few years.
The reason it's so bare is all the cars are hitting all of the deer ! It's that way here too ! We have a bunch until hunting season then they go somewheres else .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts