1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Too bad the suspect walked away from the accident. Hopefully the victim does not get sued by the insurance company of that car. Knowing how today's system works, he probably will. Also from what I just read, the victim could be charged for shooting at the fleeing suspect, right?

James

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
According to the D&C: "Officers continue to investigate the incident. Charges are not expected to be filed against the victim, Collins said."

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
great, just a few blocks around the corner from me, and in broad day light!

glad it was the suspect that took one to the torso though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The 2nd article indicates that the suspect fired once at the victim when driving away, following which the victim returned fire, hitting the suspect in the torso. If that's true, then it's much more justifiable than just shooting at the robber while he's making his getaway.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Awesome! Bad day to be a bad guy!

How about the crime with a gun? No charges for shooting at the victim? Where's the 5 years (or was it 10?) that a criminal gets when they use a gun in a crime? Another reason why NY just needs to enforce the laws on the books and stop coming up with new BS ones.

OK...Hijack over....

Drive on!

·
Registered
188 Posts
At least they didn't call the criminal a victim this time. Baby steps are still steps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts