New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
The Trek is usually alittle cheaper as far as price but the giant ... not a fan of the frame. If you're set on those two ... kthe Trek is the one I would suggest. I prefer this one though if you're staying in that price range. The Carbon Forks really lighten the bike up and it rides great. We have a bike shop here in town and I've ridden this bike a few times. I'm buying one next month. I've had DiamondBack, Giant, Serrota, Trek and others and prefer the Schwinn or the Trek for the price. The others are good ... well great actually, but they were more than I needed so I sold them.

Fastback | Schwinn Bicycles

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trek is usually alittle cheaper as far as price but the giant ... not a fan of the frame. I prefer this one if you're staying in that price range. The Carbon Forks really lighten the bike up and it rides great.

Fastback | Schwinn Bicycles
Well currently the Trek is about 700-750 locally, and the Giant is 650. They are both almost identical in parts but i do like how the Trek looks as far as graphics, but its not worth another $50-100. The Trek is a compact gear set 2 in front and the Giant is 3 in front. I also am under the impression from looking online and talking to the guy at the LBS that Giant pretty much makes all of Treks aluminum frames. And as far a schwinn goes i just dont like the colors/looks or fit on them. They are usually also alot heavier.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Well currently the Trek is about 700-750 locally, and the Giant is 650. They are both almost identical in parts but i do like how the Trek looks as far as graphics, but its not worth another $50-100. The Trek is a compact gear set 2 in front and the Giant is 3 in front. I also am under the impression from looking online and talking to the guy at the LBS that Giant pretty much makes all of Treks aluminum frames. And as far a schwinn goes i just dont like the colors/looks or fit on them. They are usually also alot heavier.
Giant is cheaper?? Buy the Giant but I hate the frame and feel of them. LOL It's always preference when buying a bicycle anyways. I was actually in the middle of editing my other post when you replied. The Schwinn just feels better to me and it's lighter by .6lbs than the Trek. I still say the Trek but if you like the Giant ... go for it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giant is cheaper?? Buy the Giant but I hate the frame and feel of them. LOL It's always preference when buying a bicycle anyways. I was actually in the middle of editing my other post when you replied. The Schwinn just feels better to me and it's lighter by .6lbs than the Trek. I still say the Trek but if you like the Giant ... go for it.
Lol yea i sat on the giant today. Didnt get to ride it but it feel really nice and looks good also! I just hear Trek thrown around alot but thats probably because of Armstrong. I'm going to try the Trek tomorrow and see. And as far as the schwinn i havent played with any of the "Signature" models so i cant really make a opinion. But the lower end chain store bikes are horrible....

·
Registered
387 Posts
It definitely comes down to which bike "feels" better, but remember, it's pretty easy to swap out handlebar stems (different angles and lengths) to really change the feel of a bike.

I'm personally riding a Bikesdirect.com bike that was in the same price range. The components are shimano 105/ultegra, which is two or 3 "steps" up from the components on those. But you really need to know your size before ordering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts