New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day Off: Check
Good Weather: Check
Chores Done: Check

Even though my spotter was otherwise occupied; I decided to run down to my super-secret long range practice range and fire a few rounds.

First I set up just one steel (IPSC) rifle target.

Then I drove back to the 400-yard line where I set up for my cold bore shot.

I put all of the metrological data into my hand-held computer. The wind was from my 9:00 o'clock gusting to 15-mph and averaging around 10-mph.

I got behind the rifle, dialed in the elevation setting for 400-yards, adjusted the parallax, established the correct hold, pressed the trigger and bang-thwack. I got a nicely centered hit. I then moved to the head and fired some more rounds. Each of them left their mark.

I then moved back to the 600-yard line and repeated the process.

Now I have to repaint the target, clean my rifle and reload the brass. All in all a pretty good Sunday afternoon even if I did have to go it alone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice shooting my friend. My son and I were ringing steel at our spot at 300 and 400. I need to get some steel like you have soon.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I would love to find a place where I can shoot at a steel target at those kind of ranges! I might have to move out of this state to find them though! heh

P.S. I whish I could tag along... I could bring Sandwiches!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good times! I want to know more about your cheak suport. I took notes from pictures of the US marksmen in bagdad. My rig is a little G- Fabulous. My cheak support is well improvised. Thanks for posting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts