New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Ruger 77/17 almost 8 years ago. Best shooting, most accurate rim fire out there in my opinion P1010025.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no comparison between the two rounds. The 17 HMR is, hands down, the better of the two when you compare ballistics.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looks great. I think an.17 is next on the list.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I have a 77/22lr love the fullsize rifle feel, Have a Marlin 917VS 17hmr I got in 04 when they frist came out it is a flat shooter!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Love the 17 HMR ! I finally got around to setting up my CZ 452 in 17HMR yesterday at the range. WoW, Very accurate round. My only complaint with this rifle is the trigger. it's a little stiff for dime size accuracy but a timney trigger kit will cure that problem.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The 77/17's & 77/22's are excellent rimfire rifles. I passed on a steal of a deal for a 77/22 many years ago and still regret it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice looking rifle. I have a Marlin 17VS that looks very similar. I love my 17HMR, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced the stock sear and sear spring with a 2 lb Timney sear and spring. It required some very minor filing, but the trigger breaks like a glass rod in the middle of winter. No Creep what so ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts