New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, now that we (for now) have to stick with 10 shot mags i was wondering being that new york state does not "define" what a magazine is it possible at all for an officer lock you up for having two ten shot mags clamped/taped together by considering it a 20 shot in the field? I know they are two 100% legal 10 shot mags that are clamped together but i am just concerned that an officer COULD drop the hammer if he or she chooses. I Was looking at the 10/22 mag clamp that looks really cool for plinking :)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
you can clamp 100 ten rounders together and you will be fine. A feeding device (magazine) can only be capable of feeding up to 10 rounds (one at a time obviously) into the chamber to be legal. so you would have to remove one feeding device and inset another one (even if they are clamped together) to get more rounds fed into the chamber.

let the officer arrest you if they don't know the law then sue the department out of existance.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
10 is 10 is 10 unless you make it possible for one to feed the other hence a 20 round...which we know is "verbooten"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts