New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the unfortunate pleasure of living in the state senate district currently represented by SAFE Act supporter Ted O'Brien. Yesterday, I received a flier in the mail from challenger Rich Funke. The flier basically says nothing of substance. I visited Funke's campaign web site for information. He only has information on 2 main issues:

1) Ending the Gap Elimination Adjustment. Rather than cutting education expenses, he proposes to increase state expenses on education. This is just pandering to the teacher's unions and will result in higher education costs and higher taxes at the end of the day.

2) Equal Pay for Women. This law just adds more regulations to business owner, makes it illegal for an employer to prohibit an employee from disclosing salary information of other employees, and will increase the number of lawsuits filed against business owners. This is great for pandering to women and for lawyers who get increased business. It will mean fewer women get hired and more businesses close their doors.

Then, I visited Funke's Facebook page. A couple of people asked how he stands on the SAFE Act. One person asked him to sign the SCOPE pledge. He gave these people no response. Some of the inquiries were made months ago.

Funke appears to be an empty suit. He has great name recognition as a former TV broadcaster. He may actually beat Ted O'Brien, but I am not even sure if Funke is the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, there is no third option. I may just stay home November 4.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
You better not stay home. We need every gun owner at the polls on election day for Astorino. We have made some good progress in the primaries alone getting rid of some SAFE Act supporters.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is absolutely imperative that every gun owner and Second Amendment supporter get out and vote for Astorino this November. We cannot let FUAC win. We have to show that New Yorkers are as upset about losing their 2A rights as the People of Colorado are. Cuomo is weaker than the liberal media want to admit, and the primary proved it.

See this article:

http://www.ny2agrassroots.com/cuomos-hollow-victory-opportunity/

Don't stay home on election day and make sure you let FUAC and every other supporter of unSAFE know that we're mad as hell and they will lose their cushy jobs for trying to steal out rights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh give R Funke a chance, he came out to our Trap shooting banquet and gave a nice pro 2nd A. Speech...He is a much better friend to the pro-firearm camp than the other bum...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You better not stay home. We need every gun owner at the polls on election day for Astorino. We have made some good progress in the primaries alone getting rid of some SAFE Act supporters.
You are right. I am just venting my frustration. I'll be there to vote for Astorino (and my Assemblyman Mark Johns is one of the good guys).

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Send him recent articles on Grisanti's short career.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Increase state spending on education? NY already has the highest spending per student of any state in the country. Typical bureaucratic solution to every problem - throw free money (ie. yours and mine) at it and hope it goes away. Oh well, it's the NY way, he'll fit right in.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Get rid of ANYONE who voted for SAFE, even if you have to vote for a democrat to get rid of an anti-gun RINO.
I am currently a one issue voter. If someone is willing to rape the constitution, that is enough for me.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I am currently a one issue voter. If someone is willing to rape the constitution, that is enough for me.
This is a contradictory statement.

·
Registered
803 Posts
F*** ted O'Brien he's a d*ckhead. I'll vote just to see him outed. As stated before vote no matter what... In my district I need no SCOPE app to vote I found out. The formula the app lay out goes like this...
If there's a (D) after their name they received an "F" rating... Anyone with a (R) an "A"... Simple. Vote Republican despite the fact they aren't much better. Get the dems out and well work from there. Its all about the message sent, in NY and all across American. That message is simple... FUantiamericanswine...FUBO, FUAC.... VOTE!!!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
O'brien is a piece of ****. He has never responded to an email I've sent (I was respectful in all of them) and then banned me from his Facebook page for calling him out. He voted for this **** law and stands by his vote. He's gotta go!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
There are plenty more votes to cast than just those for state Senate (read.... Governor). You may not know fully where Funke stands on 2A, but we sure as hell know where O'Brien stands. You'll be doing the cause a great disservice to stay home on election day.

Luckily I have Robach who was a "no" vote for SAFE, but then I'm stuck with Daivd Gantt for assembly, who's a self-serving royal POS.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Vote for all republicans senate candidates regardless. If the demo Nazis win the senate microstamping and unsafe II are a sure thing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Funny just the other day there's a knock at the door and the wife answers. Guy asks her if we're voting in the primary and says judging by the lawn signs I guessing not (safe and astorino) then proceeds to ask about obrien. To which I shout out "he's an a$$h0le" and the wife says. "There's your answer"

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Knowing nothing about his platform I'd like to see him elected simply because he isn't a career politician.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I've sent O'Brien 10 or 12 emails and messaged him a few times on Facebook. I have gotten no response, even to the topics that had nothing to do with gun control. I tried to schedule a meeting with him at one of the SAFE Act rallies in Albany. I got the "He is busy that day, but you can leave a note" response. I laughed at her. I can't wait to kick his ass to the curb in November.

Funke may not be the ultimate answer, but at least he's not Ted O'Brien. That's good enough for me. In 2 years, if Funke is doing the same thing, I'll vote against him too.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Voting is all about the lesser of two evils. There will never be a perfect candidate. I also hope to serve up some punishment in the booth this November.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I've sent O'Brien 10 or 12 emails and messaged him a few times on Facebook. I have gotten no response, even to the topics that had nothing to do with gun control. I tried to schedule a meeting with him at one of the SAFE Act rallies in Albany. I got the "He is busy that day, but you can leave a note" response. I laughed at her. I can't wait to kick his ass to the curb in November.

Funke may not be the ultimate answer, but at least he's not Ted O'Brien. That's good enough for me. In 2 years, if Funke is doing the same thing, I'll vote against him too.
Couldn't agree with you anymore

1 - 20 of 36 Posts