New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed one thing on this site compared to other gun sites is that not many conversations about revolvers gets brought up. Also, how often do you see any in the classifieds? Just curious. More and more I'm getting into revolvers. Next week I will be getting a 629 no dash with the 8 3/8" barrel. You guys polymer freaks? LOL! The younger crowd does not seem to care for them but I absolutely love them! Post some pics of your revolvers if you have any. If you do not have any, you should!

James

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I don't yet but a .357 is on my short list.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The next gun I plan on getting is an NAA mini revolver. I have nothing against them! I love all guns. The only thing I actually dislike about them is the people that think "revolvers are the best bar none. They NEVER jam and are steel, not plastic!" I can't stand that attitude. They made polymer guns for a reason..., but beyond that, I'll take a revolver. Slows down your shots and can be more appropriate for hunting.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
My first gun Centerfire handgun was a Dan Wesson Model 715 (.357 Mag) with a 6 inch barrel in Stainless Steel. A very,very nice shooter. I probably put 20,000 rounds through it before I sold it. I still kick myself for getting rid of it. Revolvers are fun and great guns for home defense. I just don't post pictures of firearms. I have posted pictures of some really fun paintball guns in the past though, lol.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i'm not a lover of plastic guns either, but do realize they have their place. i'm probably stuck in the past with wood stocked guns and pre internal locks and lawyer safety crap. i like revolvers and own them but just have had a more natural ability to shoot autos. i am amazed at what exhibition shooters can do with a revolver, what dedication to become that proficient.

here's a vaquero that i admire & enjoy with two chamberings .....

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love my S&W M64 no dash and I shoot it better than my semi but in a tactical situation round count a reload time doesn't compare. I wish it did.

·
Registered
687 Posts
going to have to get up a few pics but I have two revolvers.
a 4" blued S&W Model 19-3
a Taurus 6" stainless Model 669 (ported) wood grips. This is pu$$ycat to shoot even with the hottest 357 loads.

Hard to believe (pu$$sycat get edited...lol)

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
i'm not a lover of plastic guns either, but do realize they have their place. i'm probably stuck in the past with wood stocked guns and pre internal locks and lawyer safety crap. i like revolvers and own them but just have had a more natural ability to shoot autos. i am amazed at what exhibition shooters can do with a revolver, what dedication to become that proficient.

here's a vaquero that i admire & enjoy with two chamberings .....

I did not know they made multiple calibers in .40/ .38-40. That is very nice!

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I've had quite a few over the years, and like dsdmmat my first revolver was a 6" Dan Wesson 715 VH that I totally regret selling. I've had that, a stubby taurus, stubby Charter arms, Ruger Security 6, S&W model 10, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag, Astra 44 mag, a totally different 44 mag stubby I can't remember the brand of, a Ruger Single 6 in 32 mag, probably 1 or 2 others I can't remember. I would like another 357 eventually, and maybe a big bore.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Self-proclaimed young dude here, love revolvers. Only own one so far, a old smith model 17, and its my favorite pistol ever.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've had quite a few over the years, and like dsdmmat my first revolver was a 6" Dan Wesson 715 VH that I totally regret selling. I've had that, a stubby taurus, stubby Charter arms, Ruger Security 6, S&W model 10, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag, Astra 44 mag, a totally different 44 mag stubby I can't remember the brand of, a Ruger Single 6 in 32 mag, probably 1 or 2 others I can't remember. I would like another 357 eventually, and maybe a big bore.
ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: s&w 460 XVR

Here is a beauty for you. Not mine but I am drooling over it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
my all-time favorite handgun is my ruger sp-101 in .357, my .38 lcr leaves home quite often in the summer, my astra terminator .44 mag was something i'd been hunting for on gunbroker for years, my naa mini fits in any pocket, and the s&w 632 in .327 fed mag that i'll be buying next is going to be a jolly good time when i get it. oh, and i'm under 30 (and therefore not supposed to be into wheelguns)!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have things a lot higher on my list...but I sure would like to give it a test drive.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I like revolvers, can't own any pistols yet myself but I would like to get a snubby and a nice full barrel length revolver when I do get my permit.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did not know they made multiple calibers in .40/ .38-40. That is very nice!
Similar to the relation of 38sp/357Mag, 10mm/40S&W, 44sp/44Mag and so on. My goal is to get a revolver in the same cartridge that I have in pistols and/or rifles. I have a 357 revolver and next will be a 357 lever gun, have a 44 mag lever gun and the 44mag revolver is on the way and have the 9mm and 45ACP in my semi-auto's, now all that I need is the revolver versions. This way I do not have to buy more ammo and carry less to the range.

James

·
Registered
96 Posts
Revolvers for me too. Semi-autos are fun to shoot, but whem I shoot one of my revolvers, I take more time to aim and concentrate on technique, rather than just emptying the mag on a semi-auto. Hey, that saves on ammo costs too!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts