New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm just an old guy but I love my revolvers. I started off with a revolver 30 years ago, went to auto's when 9mm were the hot thing, but eventually came back. I love the simplicity, looks and old school feel about revolvers. I still have quite a few auto's but never feel outgunned carrying a 5 or 6 shooter, which are what I carry 99% of the time for self-defense. When going somewhere that's unfamiliar or may be questionable, I usually carry TWO revolvers. Never know when a gun may malfunction, yes even Glocks.
I love being at the range and the younguns look at me like I just stepped off a spaceship, LOL. Most of them actually want to see and fondle my revolvers like they're some museum piece, LOL. My .02

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Revolvers suck and belong in a garbage can!
Than I held one of these...

And wound up with one of these

But just to confirm that revolvers suck and I hate them I got one of these:

So it was decided that I hate revolvers and they are useless!
But wait! This one had 8 shots! not 6 so it cant be a revolver! Revolvers hold 6 shots !
So I got one of these!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
My first handgun was a S&W Model 60. I drank the koolaid and went with an S&W revolver due to its inherent simplicity, reliability and ease of use. The damn thing had to go back to S&W three times before they got it right, lol. Timing was off causing intermittent FTF. Yeah, say it ain't so. Next up was a G23 that like so much I'm going to buy another one soon. Would carry that for SD over anything else (I'm not saying anything else is bad, just that the G23 works for me). Still, I agree with everything OP said. There's something about a good revolver...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I love your S&W with the pearl grips, not that I would buy it for what it deserves, I just like it, don't ever sell it Hexi
Heh. I actually had that gun for sale here a couple of years back, and for sort of a ridiculously low price. At that time I couldn't find any local takers. I'm glad I didn't sell those grips now though. Those were made custom by Jim Badger with the inlays, but he has since stopped working with the Corian material for various reasons.

Here's another view of those.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heh. I actually had that gun for sale here a couple of years back, and for sort of a ridiculously low price. At that time I couldn't find any local takers. I'm glad I didn't sell those grips now though. Those were made custom by Jim Badger with the inlays, but he has since stopped working with the Corian material for various reasons.

Here's another view of those.
this is just SWEET very nice

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Revolvers are not that popular compared to autos on here. Here is just a few of my collection:

M&P R8 357 PC

586 no dash 357 8 3/8"

Taurus M608 357 4"

629 pinnned and recessed 8 3/8" 44 Mag

Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22MAG 6"

·
Registered
164 Posts
i was always a 9mm semi auto guy myself untill recently, i just bought my first .357 magnum 2" revolver now it is my primary ccw. i love it and will most likely end up with a few more to add to my collection right after my AR build is complete.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Revolvers are not that popular compared to autos on here. Here is just a few of my collection:

M&P R8 357 PC

586 no dash 357 8 3/8"

Taurus M608 357 4"

629 pinnned and recessed 8 3/8" 44 Mag

Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22MAG 6"
Very nice. How do you like the rough rider? I was thinking about getting one for a range plinker.
I would also like to get an M&P like that one someday!

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few more for now.

Some Smith's

M28

M64 NY-1

M60 NY-1

WWII Victory

M681

M49

M65

M19

M64 NY-1

M15

M10

Some non- Smith's

Colt DS

Colt Python

Freedom Arms 454

US Firearms 44 special

Colt SAA

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Only own one revolver (Ruger SRH .454 Casull), but damn I love it...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I like revolvers a lot. I like not having to pick up my brass, or worrying about magazines.

I used to have a .38spl SP101, sold it on here. I have since decided that revolvers have two roles for me. The first is as .22lr fun/plinking guns, since I haven't come across a .22 semi that I really like, and you don't have to worry about all the feeding issues the autos sometimes have.

And 2) as platforms for very large calibers. I don't have a lot of use for this at the moment, but think revolvers excel in this area.

They are all beautiful to behold however, and for me (along with 1911s) represent a time when gun making was an art form and not a mass-produced operation.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Just two so far. But many more in the future!

High Standard.jpg 1978 Ruger.jpg

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I like revolvers a lot. I like not having to pick up my brass, or worrying about magazines.

I used to have a .38spl SP101, sold it on here. I have since decided that revolvers have two roles for me. The first is as .22lr fun/plinking guns, since I haven't come across a .22 semi that I really like, and you don't have to worry about all the feeding issues the autos sometimes have.

And 2) as platforms for very large calibers. I don't have a lot of use for this at the moment, but think revolvers excel in this area.

They are all beautiful to behold however, and for me (along with 1911s) represent a time when gun making was an art form and not a mass-produced operation.
I feel the other way about rimfire revolvers, none of the ones I handled I liked very much. They all cant stand up to my shooting schedule and start having serious extraction issues halfway through a range session.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts