New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of purchasing my first flintlock rifle and she is gorgeous. I was wondering if there were any reenactment groups in the Rochester area and if not who'd be interested in starting one up?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody lol don't all jump at once

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
You could try 'Little Beards Club', based in York. I don't know who you contact for information.
Robin

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Is your flintlock time period appropriate?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes if I was militia

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
why don't you contact the folks over at Fort Ticonderoga? they could probably put you on the right track. they host F&I and RevWar re-enactments and know all the players

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True never thought of that but that fort is a haul for me and was wondering if there was anyone in this area that did it to get something going at Genesee country museum or something

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
There used to be a listing of clubs in New York that were affiliated with New York Muzzleloader Rifle Association, and I believe the National Muzzleloader rifle Association also listed clubs. Maybe you are better at searching this thing than I am, cause I cannot find the sites that list the clubs. There was one, I think in Williamsville, another called land of the Senecas If I remember right I think it was near Seneca lake, and the one I already mentioned, the Little Beards Club, they have a camp site on the Genessee River.Those are the closest ones to the Rochester area that I know of. The Museum does have re-enactors from time to time, but they are not formally connected to the museum, though they may be able to help you with a phone number or two.
Robin
https://sites.google.com/site/littlebeardsclub/joey ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts