New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Sorry for asking what I'm sure has been asked time and time again, but I just want to make sure I'm 5x5 here. Just put together an A1 clone from a post ban lower and a late 603 upper I found at work. I'm having my vintage 3 prong pinned and welded on, the only thing I have left is to ::gulp:: dremel the bayo lug off and I should be ok compliance wise, yes?
Thanks in advance

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
Adding on that three prong, a flash suppressor, even welded on, makes an illegal assault weapon. Assuming you have a pistol grip. Muzzle brakes, compensators, no muzzle device or threads OK. Flash hiders/suppressors illegal. Any muzzle device needs to be permanently attached. Pinned and welded the usual method.

And yep that bayonet lug has to go also.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would a gi birdcage be ok? I can scoop one of them up from work easy enough. pity, the 3 prong just screams vintage.

5,479 Posts
would a gi birdcage be ok? I can scoop one of them up from work easy enough. pity, the 3 prong just screams vintage.
That birdcage is still a flash hider and illegal with that post ban lower.

· Registered
528 Posts
If getting a slabside preban is not an option, you may be able to have the three prong reamed out and pinned on so that the prongs sleeve over the end of the barrel.

During the Federal ban, some folks did this with A2 birdcages. Still looked like a flash hider, but was little more than a muzzle decoration.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
No, the birdcage would also still be illegal.

Just read through the AWB rifle section here
http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/la...ate-assault-weapon-ban-faq-part-1-rifles.html

It's not really that complicated. Any flash hider would be illegal as you'd already have the pistol grip, thus any second "evil" feature makes it illegal. A muzzle break or comp that does not function as a flash hider is legal, and must be welded on so as not to have a threaded barrel.

5,479 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey! Are you Mike or Matt? It's Joe, got the Delaware machine lowers from you. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.