New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone here into retro build ARs?

I just finished a Colt A1 upper 20inch today. Installed an original A1 grip I snagged at the Syracuse gun show on it (replaced the A2 that has been on it for months).

My orange cat decided to sleep on it this afternoon...

ETA: I know the lower has a fence, and the upper the shell deflector and fwd assist, but, i dont feel like swapping more parts and buying more for this. Its a ....casual retro clone. I love this gun :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I like them alot, have a few at the gunsmith for rebuilds. I would like to take one, have it engraved for my father. Watching some old clips with his made me want to learn to shoot when I was young. My first toy gun and bb gun was just like his.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Literally just assembled my stripped lower and ordered the buttstock to build an ar like that.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
@Dieter122: would it be legal to have a M16 completely restored here and have sent to my FFL in Florida where I can legally that type?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Purely an asthetics thing, the rib pattern on the bolt release should be fine.
The course currently on there didn't start to appear until A2s were replacing A1s

Should have round front sight post (5~notch)

The fence looks correct for an A1. The first versions were the ones with no fence and were usually designated/stamped XM16

Needs teardrop FA, or the early A2 type that looks like whats there, but is quite a bit larger diameter. (yours is like mabe the size of a nickle while the early variants were closer to a quarter.)

Try to find the sling loop that went to the bottom of the pistol grip if you wanna give yourself headaches and cold sweats at night :D

Very nice piece mon, very nice indeed.

zat an A1 birdcage flash supressor with lock washer (not crush washer but actual lock washer) or is it a A2 compensator with peel washers to index it?
If A2 and you want A1 I might have one around here in a box that would be yours for the asking if I could find it.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I would really like a retro AR like that. The anti mall ninja AR...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You mean you don't have one already?
I thought that was like a rule or something

1 - 16 of 16 Posts