New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they got the QC problems figured out on them in remmington country?I heard that the company that owns both Marlin and Remmington were suspending the marlin line due to QC problems.I want a lever 44mag but dont need any more fence posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Don't know about the QC problems being fixed but can tell you they do have a full line 2012 Marlin Catalog, just picked it it up at the Remington Store at the factory.In it they do list a model 1894 44mag for 2012. I can ask a friend that works at the Arms if there are any problems still with the QC and post back here once I hear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zeroskin that is what I heard to some one told me that they wanted to sell off the stock on hand and hope that they were good enough and not come back.I bought one of the last winchesters before they closed up and i will tell you it was not like the winchester of long ago,I never did find out where that one was hitting and it rattled something awful.I was glad to let that one go! de17walt it would be great if you could find anything out on that Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
most complaints i have heard on the new one's are on fit and finish. even the prior stamped JM guns had problems such as the "marlin jam". i'm not sure how good remington's repair record is these days. for myself, i would look for a clean used one. maybe from a dealer who would stand behind repair if needed. i am lucky enough to have a good gunsmith close by. a lot of info on marlin owners.com but not with out bias.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I've read through this (currently) 55 page thread over at Marlinowners.com

New Marlin (Remlin) Quality

I'd say the general consensus is that after a spotty start, Remington is now turning out some pretty high quality Marlins. Some folks have gotten bad guns but I'd say there are many more with good ones, or with just minor adjustments needed. You should inspect it carefully before buying, of course, but Remington seems to take care of you if a problem crops up.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
it's kind of sad to read this thread. I have a 1982 Marlin 336 that I adore. I LOVE this gun. It has never failed me in any way, even after dropping it, banging it into trees, fence posts, getting rained on for hours on end. It IS my go to gun for hunting.

I find it disturbing that the quality has diminished.

I was looking at the 1895SBL, 45-70 Guide gun. Compact, light weight and MASSIVE knockdown power.

Im pretty sure that will kill a Elk at 100 yards LOL

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I just bought an 1894 44MAG and so far it is been good. The only problem is the action is rough and the parts for the action are really not the smooth so I have to take it apart and make them smooth but other than that if works great.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts