New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
State finance records show Cuomo's campaign spent $1.4 million on TV advertising in the 30 days before the primary. More than half of the $5.3 million spent between July 1 and the primary - $2.9 million - went to TV ads. The records show nearly $8 million for TV ads out of the $12.6 million spent by the campaign since January 2013.

The Center for Public Integrity said about 9,300 of the ads run in New York supported Cuomo and 6,600 paid for by the state Democratic Committee were negative ads directed at his Republican opponent, Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino. State records show the committee, controlled by Cuomo, has spent almost $10.3 million this election cycle. Of that, $6.4 million went to television, including $2.4 million in August and September.

Reports: Cuomo campaign dominates TV airwaves - Washington Times

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I'm seeing plenty of Rob's ads and interviews. IMO his are much more believable.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Cuomo,s ads are getting few and far between compared to Robs. And like Bill said Robs are more believable ! Plus Rob seems to be staying away from the negative ads tha cuomo was running ! I'm thinking that this only proves how desperate CUOMO is to try and keep his job that he is going to lose come November ! I'm ready to vote right now !

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
remember, WE dont need convincing... its the uninformed sheep. negative attack ads do work for the uninformed voter (sheep), but..... i expected Robs campaign to save their tv ads until shortly before the election as that will stand out in peoples minds much better than if he spent it all back over the summer. he has a limited budget so he has to use it smart.

i only wish they had campaign reform where each side had a limit to what they can spend.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
On the channels that are generally on in my household (not necessarily the channels I want to be watching) I've been seeing mostly Cuomo ads (pisses me off every time I see them). I have Direct TV and get my "local" news from the City so I figure that is part of it.

If that's the case (that fact that it's a City station) then it doesn't bother me too much. Rob will likely not be changing too many of the welfare minds in the boroughs. He needs to hit places upstate (Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton, Poughkeepsie) hard which I hope he's doing.

Though I'd like to see more I agree with Celt. Most people have unbelievably short attention spans/memories. Hard hitting ads closer to the election will likely net the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
State workers just got round 2 of their DRP taken out of their paychecks. Remind them how their NY government and union failed them.

Who's Cuomo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts