New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Section 51.1. a/b of this mess, makes it mandatory for a person to report the loss of ammunition. Local leo must forward the info to the SP. It would be tragic if thousands of NY gun owners lost and reported a single round of ammo....daily. Let them choke on their own paperwork.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Uhh, settle down gentlemen. 1 round of lost ammo = Irresponsible gun owner in NY no doubt and there goes any guns if you still own any.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
With me, thats 13 letters a day, 91 a week, 4,745 a year. And I'm sure there will be more who wouldn't mind continuing to be law abiding! :p

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
If thete are no consequences then im in.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Section 51.1. a/b of this mess, makes it mandatory for a person to report the loss of ammunition. Local leo must forward the info to the SP. It would be tragic if thousands of NY gun owners lost and reported a single round of ammo....daily. Let them choke on their own paperwork.
The section reads:

(II) AMMUNITION AS WELL AS A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN WHO SUFFERS THE
LOSS OR THEFT OF SUCH AMMUNITION AS WELL AS A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN;
it means if you lose a gun, and lose ammo with it, you have to report the loss of both the ammo and the gun. There is no provision if you just lose a box of ammo.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
darth is right i know of a nyc owner who failed to produce a 2nd cylinder for his 22lr and 22mag pistol . lost his premise business permit. later the defect was found to be a mistake in books from a local firearm dealer (permitee sold his 22lr cylinder at the time of pistol purchase to ffl) and the permitee spent 8 months and over 3000 fighting to get right back to no avail as of yet (cylinders seem to be listed seperatly on his papers)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.