New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets just say a debate came up, and I happened to use the "sheep" referance someone posted on her.
Later one of the people tells me they are a Sheriff and that they are going to do there training and can carry anyplace they want.
They later go on to tell me they should have been carrying at a party where people's tires where slashed.
At this said party, was underage drinking, and drugs. I'm talking white powder and such.

I have this in writing due to I took screen shots of the convo.
I know people where at said party, I know what they do and I know peoples tires that got slashed.
( keep your friends close and enemies closer )

Should I annomously report this?

· Registered
128 Posts
With all the cell phones with video capability anyone doing anything illegal is putting their own freedom at risk. A LEO doing or even being around illegal activity (unless undercover) is asking to get the proverbial boot from the force.
Then again that thin blue line can get quite wide but a You-tube video often trumps that line.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
If you feel they are a danger or a threat, it doesn't matter who they are or who they think they are, saying something to the proper authorities is never a bad thing, the truth will come out in the end, just don't make anything up and try your best NOT to be biased even though that can be hard.

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Just because I can carry everywhere doesn't mean I do. And I do know 2a, just don't feel like reciting it. I have to do that enough during my recert. I should have however had my pistol on me when all those *******s slashed tires at the party on Sunday... Just sayin"

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"When did guns get involved... And no I wouldn't I'd pull my gun out and tell them to think twice about what they're doing "
"I actually can carry anytime I want in ny cause I am the police, I'm on the ----- county sheriffs department. "

"And I will soon be going through firearms training sponsored by the sheriffs department. Thanks for doubting me though cause that will jus give me even more motivation to ace my course."

"Just because I can carry everywhere doesn't mean I do. And I do know 2a, just don't feel like reciting it. I have to do that enough during my recert. I should have however had my pistol on me when all those *******s slashed tires at the party on Sunday... Just sayin"

· Registered
5,426 Posts
"When did guns get involved... And no I wouldn't I'd pull my gun out and tell them to think twice about what they're doing "
"I actually can carry anytime I want in ny cause I am the police, I'm on the ----- county sheriffs department. "

"And I will soon be going through firearms training sponsored by the sheriffs department. Thanks for doubting me though cause that will jus give me even more motivation to ace my course."

Sounds like he's being a bragging douche, with an attitude like that I don't think he will last very long if he does in fact make it to the academy, nothing you can do about this unfortunately.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Uh, 'academy' does not = sworn officer last I knew.
Cadet mabe, but not cop.

If he thinks he can carry under what amounts to be a student ID he's wrong.
Seriously, does he even have a permit?

I know if I was foapping lips like that someone would be up my ass with a microscope.
Report to academy or report it to the Sheriffs dept, but don't let it go unreported at all.

And don't get sll wishy wwshy about 'it could ruin his carreer'
He's frikkin kid with with a totally incorrect attitude that if left unchecked will more likely turn him into into ******* with badge and gun than fine upstanding officer. They're young yet. They can find a new carreer.

Douchebaggery isn't something that will be trained out in a few weeks of schooling.
He was at the party, he knows illegal activity occured, yet what happened when the cops arrived at the party over the tires?
Stand there with his thumb up his ass or go ID himself and help straighten out who did what with the real law officers.

EDIT: typing slow, insert correct gender where appropriate.
oh, 'and can recite 2a but have done it so much I'm too tired of it to do so'?
Yeah, God forbid she have to say ALL those complicated words she supposedly drove into her brain and will likely be speaking an oath to uphold if sworn as an officer...

· Registered
5,426 Posts
either way, the person hasn't said much as far as incriminating that could actually get her in trouble, unfortunately I think this is one of those times where you just have to sit back and hope a reality check hits them soon. Too many times I have people talk like that, about many different things, only for them to finally grow the stones to do it (like carry in a place you aren't allowed to) and get caught, with any luck it'll happen sooner rather then later, but I wouldn't worry about it for now, just stay away from that crowd and that person.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I admit I'm having a hard time following this thread but it sounds to me some tough talk behind the veil of the internet. Unless you know for sure something illegal happened, were threatened or know someone who was threatened, why would you want to drag some guy under the bus? I have my share of "disagreements" with some members on this forum but never thought to do something that would cause them to lose their job or worse. That said, by all means do what you think is right.

Reminds me of a funny story that just happened to a close friend of mine last month (actually late July). Log Bay Day in Lake George. Big party every year of the likes of Lake Havasu, etc (google it). Anyway, my buddy goes out with a few friends and has his niece (she's about 22 or so) tag along as the DD. Ties up to a couple of boats who are complete strangers and ends up partying with them all day. Boat to the left has some biker chicks that were going topless most of the day. Boat to the right was another guy with his friends. They hit it off and were drinking pretty heavily most of the afternoon. The guy was very impressed by my friends niece (who wanted nothing to do with him) and was trying to make small talk with her all day. At some point my friend asks the guy if he could use his cabin to partake in some mary jane. The guy says sure just don't let anyone see you. Day goes on and the guy says to my friend, you have no idea who I am do you. Turns out he's one of the off duty "cops" (I'm not saying what department he was from) on LG. My friend had no clue, just a "regular" guy (who subsequently ended up puking on my friends niece and boat, lol). Point of all this? A lot of cops are just like everyone else, trying to do what it takes to make a living and make ends meet. Cut them some slack, lol. Just my opinion...

· Registered
396 Posts
Cgrutt....I thought it was only me that was saying to myself......wtf ?? I have a pretty good grasp of the English language, couple of useless Associate degrees, but did not even come close to understanding what was said to begin this thread, and it has not gotten any clearer with the responses given to that thread.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Cgrutt....I thought it was only me that was saying to myself......wtf ?? I have a pretty good grasp of the English language, couple of useless Associate degrees, but did not even come close to understanding what was said to begin this thread, and it has not gotten any clearer with the responses given to that thread.
Lol, basically a person is on course to become a sheriff, and because of this they believe they can carry their gun everywhere, they can ignore the law and they cannot be bothered by cops because they are "in training" to be a police officer.

Text quote:

"I actually can carry anytime I want in ny cause I am the police, I'm on the ----- county sheriffs department."

Remember this person here ^ hasn't even attended an academy or anything, from the sounds of things they only got a letter accepting them to attend the basic training courses.

Kuntry here knows this person and has several exchanged text messages saved in which they state these stupid blurbs such as saying they can carry everywhere, and he knows that they attended a party involving underage drinking, hardcore drugs and who knows what else, to top that off someones tires were slashed at this party and this person (sheriff trainee) seemed to act like they needed a gun because of that, as if they were gonna shoot up the place to figure out what happened.

Which is where this quote comes from:

"I should have however had my pistol on me when all those *******s slashed tires at the party on Sunday... Just sayin"

To top it off they are being a prick when confronted with the fact that they are in fact breaking the law (by carrying concealed no matter who or what says different), Kuntry is not sure if he should or should not say something, he doesn't wanna be "that guy" but he thinks this person is bad news now, and is heading into a position of authority, which may make them worse news later.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Another funny story, my niece's Saab was literally destroyed at a party by some drunk underage asshats while everyone watched including an off duty just trying to make a living cop.

So far after more than a year, no leads, no arrests, no recompence. Just a scared young woman who won't go to any parties as a DD like she as that night, or for any other reason anymore.

But hey, she's got another job and is in her early 20's so I'm certain she finds it easy paying for the replacement vehicle on barely more than minimum wage *now and will outgrow the fear put into her.

*(its hilarious how easy it is to lose a well paying job and have to quit college when you can't drive back and forth the 30 miles it takes to get there)

But at least the cop came out of it ok.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Lol, spent the weekend camping with a couple of PhDs (who are very close friends) who have spent the better part of 20 years trying to figure me out to no avail. Carry on gents :)

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Just to clarify: I don't care about little **** like burning a fatty or tossing back a few.
Not even concerned with a little grab assin', but when it comes to wanton distruction of property and/or outright endangering people, I'm not quite so forgiving.

Everyone is human and needs to let it hang out periodically, but when they stand by and do nothing while others act in a inhuman manner it is unacceptable, especially from one who deliberately sought employment in a sheepdog line of work.

Just felt I needed to get that out there.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Just to clarify: I don't care about little **** like burning a fatty or tossing back a few.
Not even concerned with a little grab assin', but when it comes to wanton distruction of property and/or outright endangering people, I'm not quite so forgiving.

Everyone is human and needs to let it hang out periodically, but when they stand by and do nothing while others act in a inhuman manner it is unacceptable, especially from one who deliberately sought employment in a sheepdog line of work.

Just felt I needed to get that out there.
I agree. Reporting people for underage drinking, when they are not actually bothering you, is one of my absolute pet peeves. Worry about it when it is actually affecting you. Scary thought: There are some countries that you don't need to be 21 to drink in. Here is a list:

All of them besides the US.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.