New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW YORK - A 33-year-old man is charged in the fatal shooting of another man in New York City, in a dispute over a napkin, reports CBS New York.

Police said Thursday that Fruitquana Hawkins, of Queens, was arrested in the death of 35-year-old fellow Queens resident Timothy Tripp, according to the station.

The New York Daily News reports that police said Hawkins, a parolee, was at the Edge Bar and Lounge early in the morning on June 14 when he grabbed a napkin off Tripp's table. The two reportedly started arguing, and a police source said Tripp picked up a wad of napkins and threw them at Hawkins.

"He [Tripp] said something to the effect of 'Get your own napkins,'" the source told the Daily News. That's when Hawkins allegedly pulled out a gun and started shooting.

Report: Napkin dispute led to fatal shooting in Queens, New York bar - CBS News

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Hawkins, a parolee. how did he pass the background check Andy?

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I'm assuming if these gentleman got a little upset over a napkin then they REALLY disliked going through NYC handgun permit process.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
This is why we need more tougher gun laws in fact we need to abolish the second ammmendment all together. These gun nuts spray bullets from high capacity clips into innocent by standers now only for a napkins....enough is enough. We must now stay united and vote Cuomo out in NY since he promised after the safe act that innocents will not be murdered. Vote for techout zephy this december and get NY back onto a safe inviorment.

Practicing for my next post on MDA facebook page with the op's daily news link.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Ban high capacity napkin dispensers NOW!

#wipeupcrime
#everytowelfornapkinsafety
#brainsoverbrawney

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Failed criminal justice system wins again. Gets more violent criminals on the street to commit acts of violence which makes it easier to ban more guns and keep dems getting elected... yep, working for the progressive agenda perfectly.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This is an utter failure of the Sullivan act ! Just think where is the background check for the napkin dispenser ? If this felon can get a pistol without a BGC , then all of the Safe act rules have failed immensely ! It's time these politicians wake the hell up , you can't control anything much less who has or hasn't got a gun !

·
Registered
219 Posts
Failed criminal justice system wins again. Gets more violent criminals on the street to commit acts of violence which makes it easier to ban more guns and keep dems getting elected... yep, working for the progressive agenda perfectly.
You forgot the most important part, lock up non violent citizens, or turn them into non violent felons with the swipe of a pen, and throw the book at them while letting out the ones who commit these acts. Wow, that Unsafe Act is working like a charm. I thought it was supposed to reduce gun violence and keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't own them? All the while allowing hunters to keep their guns (because that's the purpose of the 2A and all.) You don't need 10 napkins to...........

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
A mini occurrence of the Purge from 45Gunner's thread..... They all think the governments laws are suspended all the time while the rest of us are persecuted for trying to abide by said laws. What a joke.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
In all seriousness, what the hell is going on within society? My god, I could understand the shooting if the guy grabbed a fork or spoon off the table; but a napkin? It's just recycled paper man.

How bout that name, gotta love it. I am truly jealous, I have just a normal name.

·
Registered
832 Posts
nyc has the toughest gun laws in the state???, ny has the toughest gun laws in the country??????

Hows that working out for you andy????

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I was just reading today how Staten Island wanted to secede from NYC back in the early 90's and "Albany" blocked it. I can almost assume they might realize how F'd up NYC is and wanted out of the BS and hypocracy? Not ,meaning to get off topic, just sayin

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I was just reading today how Staten Island wanted to secede from NYC back in the early 90's and "Albany" blocked it. I can almost assume they might realize how F'd up NYC is and wanted out of the BS and hypocracy? Not ,meaning to get off topic, just sayin
Albany blocked it bc they knew they'd lose a large portion of dependants aka their voter-base.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Fruitquanna, what kind of dope was his sperm and egg donor on?
This is why I'm of the firm opinion when you turn 18, you should be given the opportunity to legally change your name if so desired, so you're not forced to go through life with a name like 'Fruitquanna.'

But more on topic, two things stand out here: one, that people really will fight over anything; and two, that, unbelievably, a parolee on the streets of NYC managed to get an unlicensed, non-BGC'd handgun. I'm sure the people of NYC feel SAFE, but I'd prefer ten little friends on my hip versus some piece of paper that just declares that it is so.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Now if it was a sanitary napkin, it all starts to make sense. Just not enough information in the article.
Robin Fruitainian

1 - 20 of 20 Posts