New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i gave it a quick read. i hope that real "common sense" prevails here...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The state's argument of evidence of the lethality of magazines over 10 will be the Newton tragedy, which tragedy in itself has no evidence that it actually happened.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Skimmed through it briefly and to this non legal beagle it looks pretty good and makes sense to me. Then again, I suppose I'm one of those biased types.

·
Registered
899 Posts
They said that no scrutiny applies and cited the white elephant that the arms could be used against a tyrannical government.

But later they spent so much time on "just in case" and even said strict scrutiny might apply to mags, which is an admission that immunity from scrutiny might not in fact be the case- that's a mistake.

I'd have spent less time on tearing apart the State's data and arguments because that can go around "he said she said" forever. Instead, they should put the nail in the coffin with "no scrutiny".

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
It infuriates me that facts upon facts upon facts like these are presented (and in this case in very plain english) yet the courts here in NY continue to rule against/delay progress.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Three things must be true for the State's ban to advance publicsafety: (a) the ban must reduce the use of the banned firearms and magazines in crime, (b) the substitution of other firearms and magazines for the banned items must make crime less lethal, and (c) any reduction in the lethality of crime must not be outweighed by a reduction in the effectiveness of self-defense by lawabiding citizens. The State does not have substantial evidence for any of these propositions, much less all of them.
Case closed. Thanks for playing.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Once again facts and liberals don't go hand in hand, facts mean nothing not in NY court rooms. Lets see what the judge uses for EMOTIONS in this case to make his LIBERAL F****** point.:mad:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
To most reading this there could be but one outcome if common sense and following judicial precedent is used.
I am very worried in regards to how much faith we can place in the people sitting on the bench to act in such a manner.
It seems as though their decisions follow their personal or political stance. And to rub salt in the wound they continue to be successful in doing so.
I remain guardedly optimistic while at the same time being prepared for disappointment.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
This is an analysis of the previous Skretny decision. If I'm reading this right Skretny took into account information fabricated by Mother Jones . Read the paper and be very afraid of how the justice system is failing us. We have to upgrade from being vigilant about our rights to being persistent.

http://www.scopeny.org/ARCHIVES/2AC_WP_09162014.pdf

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i dont have any faith in the NY lower courts, and i have just a little bit of faith left in SCOTUS while there is a slim majority sitting that lean of center. I dont expect any relief until it gets to SCOTUS (and thats taking into consideration that they will grant cert).

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
The brief was well formulated to rebut bans on AWs and the magazine capacity issue.

Will we ever see a legal fight against the ammunition purchasing issues and restrictions?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts