New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
what is the value in replacing a 10/22 stock with a polymer one?
The stock plastic stock is a little lighter than wood. I prefer the Hogue overmolded stock myself.

5,479 Posts
OverMolded Stocks are constructed by molding a super strong, rigid fiberglass reinforced skeleton or "insert" that precisely fits the guns' action. This rigid skeleton is then OverMolded with a durable but soft synthetic elastomer (rubber). During the heat and extreme pressure of injection molding the elastomer adheres chemically as well as mechanically to the skeleton, resulting in a permanent bond between the rubber and the insert.

· Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OverMolded Stocks are constructed by molding a super strong, rigid fiberglass reinforced skeleton or "insert" that precisely fits the guns' action. This rigid skeleton is then OverMolded with a durable but soft synthetic elastomer (rubber). During the heat and extreme pressure of injection molding the elastomer adheres chemically as well as mechanically to the skeleton, resulting in a permanent bond between the rubber and the insert.
wow, you know a lot. :)

· Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i honestly think the TD model is a waste of money.

i was gonna get it, but $100 just to take the thing apart? if I want to I can just take the full-size model out of its stock, and toss it in a backpack.

same thing...$100 less money.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
i honestly think the TD model is a waste of money.

i was gonna get it, but $100 just to take the thing apart? if I want to I can just take the full-size model out of its stock, and toss it in a backpack.

same thing...$100 less money.
I have a few 10/22's. The ease of quick take down makes the TD my MOST used one these days. Its nice to have a little bag in the trunk that quickly transforms into a 10/22 with no tools. I almost always have it with me. Everything has its purpose. Such as the sr22(rifle), its lots of fun also.

· Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a few 10/22's. The ease of quick take down makes the TD my MOST used one these days. Its nice to have a little bag in the trunk that quickly transforms into a 10/22 with no tools. I almost always have it with me. Everything has its purpose. Such as the sr22(rifle), its lots of fun also.
yes, being able to easily break it in half is nice.

but I chose to instead spend that $100 on ammo, hearing protection, and range-fees.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
It depends on what do you need. If there is nothing wrong with the factory is ok but if it doesn't fit you well or do you just want simply something new you need to look for decent quality options. Do not want to end up with something worse than the original.
The best way to know is to try them out if you can from someone else that might have one that is already converted.

As I said it depends on what purpose you are looking for.

5,479 Posts
Lol....Yes he does.
While we are on the subject. Are there any replacement stocks for the 10/22 take down(not wood)? Maybe something tacti-cool?
No one has one on the market.............yet. I can't believe that someone won't come out with something to replace the cheap black plastic on the TD. First thing I'm going to change on mine when they are available. I like my TD, it needs trigger work done and this winter I might get to that.
Checkout the threads on stocks over on Rimfire Central to see pics of TDs with wood stocks and folding stocks.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
No one has one on the market.............yet. I can't believe that someone won't come out with something to replace the cheap black plastic on the TD. First thing I'm going to change on mine when they are available. I like my TD, it needs trigger work done and this winter I might get to that.
Checkout the threads on stocks over on Rimfire Central to see pics of TDs with wood stocks and folding stocks.
It could use a little trigger work. I might do that myself. I saw those Wood and folding stocks while searching. Nice stuff! Let me know if you see they come out with something for the TD. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.