New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the legal distance to post a sign outside of a polling site cuz mine is going to be there as i vote and i think we should start a movement and post all of are signs there.

· Registered
6,619 Posts
N.Y. EDN. LAW § 2031-a : NY Code - Section 2031-A: Electioneering within one hundred feet of polling place prohibited; distance markers

N.Y. EDN. LAW § 2031-a : NY Code - Section 2031-A: Electioneering within one hundred feet of polling place prohibited; distance markers

2. At such elections or voting held at a different time from, and not during, the annual meeting of the district, while the polls are open no person shall do any electioneering within the polling place, or within one hundred feet therefrom in any public street, or within such distance in any place in a public manner and no banner, poster or placard on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate or issue to be voted upon shall be allowed in or upon the polling place or within one hundred feet therefrom during the election. For the purposes of this section, the one hundred foot distance shall be deemed to include a one hundred foot radial measured from the entrances, designated by the inspectors of election, to a building where such election is being held. This section shall not be deemed to prohibit the board of trustees or board of education from displaying within any polling place a copy or copies of any budget or proposition to be voted upon.

· Registered
9,955 Posts
Technically it's not a "political sign", remember both sides voted for it.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm proudly sporting an NRA shirt and/or hat when I vote. In fact more often than not I'm wearing such clothing.

· Registered
1,508 Posts
"or within such distance in any place in a public manner and no banner, poster or placard on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate or issue to be voted upon shall be allowed in or upon the polling place or within one hundred feet therefrom during the election."

It's not being voted on it's already law so a sign should be good to go.

· Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so how does everybody feel about this i think it would be great everybody bring their sign and put it at the polls

· Registered
3,769 Posts
JUst a thought, suppose a voter was to wear a shirt that offered or proclaimed an opinion would he/she be in violation ???
The anti-abortion folks by me put up signs and wear shirts all day around my polling place. No one ever seems to anything to them. I don't see why anyone should crow about me wearing my NRA hat into the polls. It's not like I'm forcing someone to vote a certain way or a candidate soliciting votes on the polling grounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.