New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got the paper work today to renew my pistol permit. This will be my second time renewing it! Out of curiousity have things changed at 1pp? When I renewed the first time I had to go in person and pick up my permit and was wondering if that is still the case or do they mail it to me.

For those outside of the city ''YES'' those of us here in Manhattan do need a permit for handguns.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nah, renewal is easy. You can mail the forms in or drop them off. Fill out the form, send the fee, usually takes just a few weeks for them to mail your new permit.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They mail us new handgun permits? I know they did that for rifle/shotgun but not pistol. My first time renewing they never sent the forms and had to go in person to pick my permit up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They mail us new handgun permits? I know they did that for rifle/shotgun but not pistol. My first time renewing they never sent the forms and had to go in person to pick my permit up.
No, you have to pick up a new permit. They mail renewals, at least that's how it went when I renewed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Renewed again a couple of months ago, they were late by about 6 weeks after my permit's expiration but they did mail it to me.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so sounds like for a premise permit renewal they mail it to me, Yay hopefully I don't have to go to 1pp this time. Let's see if they are magically in back log like they were at the rifle/shotgun office.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts