New York Firearms Forum banner

Remove restrictions Albany City

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  thelibertyphile 
#1 ·
I will be submitting an amendment to my Judge in the City of Albany in hopes of getting my hunting and target restrictions lifted. I am attaching a letter pointing out that I understand the need to demonstrate just cause above and beyond the average person. I cited that I now carry large sums of cash to the bank for work and that my office is located in such a place that many strange people unexpectedly walk in. I also point out that the office is adjacent to a school, which I believe puts us at greater risk for being involved in a violent incident. All of this is phrased very well and professionally.

I know the difficulties of restriction removal in Albany but believe that my Judge is a fair man and will hear me out. I am curious as to what you all think of my reasoning in the letter and if I should revise it. I appreciate any help and advice. This is a great forum!

#2 ·
If he was fair he would have read the law in the first place and not placed illegal restrictions on your constitutional right.

#3 ·
Unfortunately, Albany is a tough, tough place for us lawful gun owners. And trust me, I believe in Constitutional Carry like in Vermont or Arizona. There shouldn't even be such a thing as a "pistol license". That being said, I was lucky enough to even be asked by my judge whether I felt I needed full carry (at the time I could not articulate a "good reason"). Other judges in this jurisdiction simply slap on restrictions without even a discussion. I guess what I'm wondering is are my reasonings sound in any jurisdiction? They are truthful and they reflect how I feel about my desire for full carry, but I certainly don't want to be laughed out of court or come across as a paranoid weirdo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.