New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for any information about this last production run for sometime and cant seem to find anything. I you have anything to share, it would be help full ...

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Remington took their standard R1 enhanced model and put some laser etchings on it, and some pearl looking grips. They only sold like 500 or something of them, and most went to employees or family of employees. I have been offered most of the "inside" deals but even I couldn't get in on this one. Nothing actually different about the pistol, just cosmetics. More of a collectors item I guess.

Like already asked, what is it you're looking for?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I'll bet the bangers were lining up to get one. Good thing it was the last run, I feel so much safer already.

FUAC! FUNY! FUNYC!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been looking for any information about this last production run for sometime and cant seem to find anything. I you have anything to share, it would be help full ...

OK TO CLEAR THIS UP A LITTLE BIT. I am a remington arms employee. The 1911 Last Run was made as the last pistol to be made by the remington arms illion ny plant before they were shipped to be made in Alabama. The pistols were made specifically for employees. This gun was NEVER released to the public. It was opened to family last minute. Around 450 were made. You will most likely not find one for sale. I have one and will not be selling it. I know of a few offers that were made around 5000 for one and was turned down with a laugh. If you're looking to buy it won't be cheap. Remember when trying to make an offer only about 450 of them in the world

·
Registered
2 Posts
I promise they weren't sold to the public. If someone got theres at bass pro. Then either a employee of remington sold it to bass. Or somthing happend and bass some how keeped one for maybe a faild backround check or something as for price yes that's a fair price right now but all of us who bought one is looking at future pricing. As this gun is a employee only commemorative fire arm it is extremely rare . And these were the last pistol to be made in remingtons home. Don't get me wrong I'm not expert the pricing will really only be determined by what people are will to spend to get one.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I bought two of them as an employee. I can definitely tell you that less than 500 were built. I tried getting documentation from the company for a long time. I figured that once I bothered the right person.... that I would finally get something to keep with my pistols to show how rare they are. I was unsuccessful in my attempt to get a document to go with those bad boys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts