New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love shotguns, I love Remingtons(feel free to throw the insults on how they are traitors my way+) and the Remington Versa max Synthetic 12 Gauge or the Tactical version are my dream weapons(sorry after Basic training I am afraid my Drill Sgt will show up and kill me if I ever refer to them as anything else). There was a Remington Versa Max Synthetic 12 Gauge as one of the prizes at a gun raffle I was at this weekend and a giggling 20 year old girl one it. That is not what killed me though there are plenty of female weapon owners out there, probably a lot that know a lot more than me and fire a heck of a lot better than me too, but then she said "Oh it's a gun? What do I use it for?" It should be some sort of rule that if you win something at a gun raffle you should at least have a general idea on what it is for! LOL:rant

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Dude elma conservation? I was there and I thought the exact same thing! I wanted that so bad especially since the px4 storm was swapped with that baby glock. My friend won the wheel barrel and the other buddy won the camo 887 combo.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The versa is a fantastic semi auto, and is by far the best semi I have ever shot.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I call it motivation to go out and obtain one!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol it does upset me more and yes it was at the Elma Conservation club, great weapons at the raffle, tied for the best I've been too, the one up at the Lewiston Fire Hall is good too, no one at our particular table won anything besides those side raffles for the hats and shirts and there were 10 of us! I specifically bought the ticket on the roughly 1 in 60 odds (yes I figured it out) that my number could be pulled for the Versa Max. I would love to buy one, the only problem is that (well it's not a problem really just reality) is that we are taking the kids to Disney in the spring so that eats up anything close to the $1400 price tag on the Versa Max...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Well at least you're going on a nice trip to get your mind off it. There was a fire hall around the corner that was about to have one too. I need to get in on more of these but I think I dropped $100 on side raffles Saturday. I have bought tickets to this one for 5 years and this is the first one I was able to attend.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I love shotguns, I love Remingtons(feel free to throw the insults on how they are traitors my way+) and the Remington Versa max Synthetic 12 Gauge or the Tactical version are my dream weapons(sorry after Basic training I am afraid my Drill Sgt will show up and kill me if I ever refer to them as anything else). There was a Remington Versa Max Synthetic 12 Gauge as one of the prizes at a gun raffle I was at this weekend and a giggling 20 year old girl one it. That is not what killed me though there are plenty of female weapon owners out there, probably a lot that know a lot more than me and fire a heck of a lot better than me too, but then she said "Oh it's a gun? What do I use it for?" It should be some sort of rule that if you win something at a gun raffle you should at least have a general idea on what it is for! LOL:rant
Thats a missed opportunity in my book. You should have pulled her aside and said that you would have given her $300 for it. If she had no clue what it was, she would have no clue what it really costs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will admit though I did spend $2.00 on tickets for the coach gun just for $hit$ and giggles as it probably would have been fun to shoot and you can't go wrong with essentially a $22 weapon...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I will admit though I did spend $2.00 on tickets for the coach gun just for $hit$ and giggles as it probably would have been fun to shoot and you can't go wrong with essentially a $22 weapon...
I wanted that savage .17 at the end of the side raffles. I dont hunt and that would have been a fun bolt action plinker with the 2 stage trigger and all. That pulled pork almost made up for it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.